Berger supporters, Vocal Minority with Something to Gain, or Legit?

Wait until this thread turns into a Sherman thread...those supporters are 1000 times worse than any Hammer supporter!

I've shot a bunch of deer with Berger's and have never been disappointed. Deer are pretty easy to kill with just about any bullet so that's not a good representation, but I would still be shooting them if I didn't live in California. Hammers, Badlands and Barnes for me now.
Probably true - that is the most annoying part about this site. Somebody will say they dont handload and want to shoot factory ammo, sure enough, some idiot on here comes screaming 6.5 SST and run a hammer bullet. Its like they don't even read the OPs post.

I got a grand idea! Go shoot whatever you want, and dont bash anyone for shooting what they want. I know it sounds crazy, but just try!
Wishful thinking. I am a huge berger fan, just because they kill better faster than any other bullet I have used. The Amax/ELDM is a close 2nd. I hunt idaho where pass throughs and blood trails are unnecessary. I have killed elk and deer with the 215s in a 300 rum, 190s in a 300 weatherby, 168s in a 7mm Rm and 7mm WSM, 135's in a 260 and 6.5 CM and 115's in a 25-06. Results have all been the same - a staggering step or two and down for the count. I always try and put it in the crease but have never been afraid to aim for a shoulder or shoot one head on - its always reached the vitals. Had a couple pass throughs on 200 yard shots on deer - always have chunks of lung blown out the other side.

This site wouldnt be near as fun without a little healthy debate from time to time. I am with you tho - YOLO, shoot whatever you want!

[QUOTE="Hand Skills, post: 1778960, member: 103303"
Here is another where he mentions out of 200 animals, none took more than 15 steps

http://www.bergerbullets.com/articles/john-barsness-berger-bullets.pdf

Came here and learned about plugged tips and gyroscopic stability (SG)

Seems like a troll of a topic to me, I get what you are saying about the vocal minority @Troutslayer2 - but if you have a better recipe for lung jello I'm all ears![/QUOTE]

A guy who went on a Safari with and is friends with the Berger company had nice things to say, who would have thought?

I am having a new rifle chambered and going through the process of maybe specifying the reamer for these bullets, that's why I'm doing all the homework on it. I'm just not sold. The few claim 100% perfect performance on dozens, even HUNDREDS of animals, yet there are all these very strange outliers who shot one or two animals and witnessed poor performance. That seems statistically impossible but a lot of the reports have the photos that show good shot placement and poor results. Who to believe?

Berger guys NEVER blow a shot either;)
Saw a blown one a few weeks ago, way back and low for some reason, close shot with 6.5 156 Bergers, she couldn't move because the wound channel was too much and she was easily dispatched and recovered. I've watched a few of these over the years, bullet gets back, elk barely able to move and a second bullet catches them and rolls them. I'd rather have that than a bullet that puts a half inch hole through and through and they have zero reaction but RUNNNNNN!

Last edited:
Saw a blown one a few weeks ago, way back and low for some reason, close shot with 6.5 156 Bergers, she couldn't move because the wound channel was too much and she was easily dispatched and recovered. I've watched a few of these over the years, bullet gets back, elk barely able to move and a second bullet catches them and rolls them. I'd rather have that than a bullet that puts a half inch hole though through and through and they have zero reaction but RUNNNNNN!

See, Berger's ARE a magic bullet! ;)

I want berger consistancy, with an accubond core and and eldx tip.....is that too much to ask for?
A true match grade bullet (berger)
A real bonded core (accubond)
And consistent expansion (eld-x)....

A bonded berger with a polymer tip to ensure expansion....simple right?

I suppose while I'm dreaming, I'd like this in a sub 1/2moa 7lb rifle with a 250@ 3000 and .9 bc with little recoil and no brake.

I want berger consistancy, with an accubond core and and eldx tip.....is that too much to ask for?
A true match grade bullet (berger)
A real bonded core (accubond)
And consistent expansion (eld-x)....

A bonded berger with a polymer tip to ensure expansion....simple right?

I suppose while I'm dreaming, I'd like this in a sub 1/2moa 7lb rifle with a 250@ 3000 and .9 bc with little recoil and no brake.

I started a thread a while ago called, "Why doesn't Berger make a bonded Bullet?" because what you just wrote was exactly what I had in mind to be a REAL Magic Bullet.

Take a look at it...some pretty funny comments there from Berger fans on why the Berger is just perfect;)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.