Berger supporters, Vocal Minority with Something to Gain, or Legit?

Here's a Hammered double!! 177 HH from a 28 Nosler inside 400 yards, one took only one shot through the slats the second one took one through the slats but held her feed facing me so I took the opportunity to put one through as much bone as possible and drilled her shoulder through a bunch of ribs, finding the bullet in her of side pelvic. Again, why would someone not be jacked about the lethality in these pictures!!
IMG_20161127_160200213.jpg
IMG_20161127_143612499.jpg
IMG_20161127_143620004.jpg

It took me only one season between myself hunting partners and clients to decide to stop using Berger's. Went back to Barnes then heard about hammers from this forum. So next year going to run them and see how they do.

Careful, this kind of talk really brings the influencers out to tell you that you're no good at shot placement.

Elk are Tuff. Tracked a cow for a follow hunter 800 yards. Her one lung was completely gone other was intact. Bullet made a prefect l often going thur the first lung broadside then out bottom of brisket.

I like how Bergers shoot and when they work on game they are fantastic but I've had more *** moments with Bergers than any other bullet I've used on game and I've used less Bergers than the others. Had a doe take a berger 140 quartering away and bullet went in and turned exiting out the top of her back on same side as entrance only catching one lung. Shot her again 15 minutes later

Congrats - I was wondering when the first person would bring up hammer. The hammer supporters on this site are 1000 times worse than any berger supporter.

Wait until this thread turns into a Sherman thread...those supporters are 1000 times worse than any Hammer supporter!

I've shot a bunch of deer with Berger's and have never been disappointed. Deer are pretty easy to kill with just about any bullet so that's not a good representation, but I would still be shooting them if I didn't live in California. Hammers, Badlands and Barnes for me now.

......The one thing that I realized, there is a very vocal group of people who are members of every single forum on the internets. There are like 3-4 people who are members of every shooting forum that ever was and post on all of them day in and day out. Don't you people have something better to do? .......

Something better to do? You've sifted through multiple sites, day in and day out, to identify people posting on multiple sites, to label them with the intent to start an adversarial thread bound to go multiple pages??????

It was an article by John Barsness that first got me interested in Bergers, extolling the virtues of them as meat saving bullets

https://gunsmagazine.com/featured/game-saving-bullet-points/

Here is another where he mentions out of 200 animals, none took more than 15 steps

http://www.bergerbullets.com/articles/john-barsness-berger-bullets.pdf

Came here and learned about plugged tips and gyroscopic stability (SG)

Seems like a troll of a topic to me, I get what you are saying about the vocal minority @Troutslayer2 - but if you have a better recipe for lung jello I'm all ears!

Last edited: