Berger Misprint???

bnvldz

I have been loading some Berger 150 Hunting VLD (B.C. .518) for my 270 WSM and ran out. I went to buy some more, but I noticed that these new ones I bought said the B.C's are .531. I didn't think Berger's made B.C's .531 so I checked their web-site and it says .518. So I am confused as to weather these are mis-printed or are these their new B.C's? Also, if they are in fact .531 will it change my data much if I load them? Any input greatly appreciated.

A few months back, we updated all of our Performance information and changed some of the twist rate recommendations. None of the bullets were changed, just the information on the labels based on repeated lot to lot testing over the past couple years. You can read a little more about the process here: Update of Berger Bullets

For that bullet, the .518 BC is correct and current. The .531 was the older BC that we've since revised. If you look at the lot numbers on the boxes, the .531 box should be an older (lower) lot number than the .518s. Should not see any difference in load data or performance as the bullets themselves were not changed in this recent update.

Hope this helps!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts