berger classic 168gr/7mm

freebird63

I took a chance and bought a box of berger classic, non vld, bullets yesterday. Will be loading them up for my 280AI. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? I can't seem to get the vld's to shoot out of my gun.

Berger says the hybrid design is seating depth friendly. I have found this to be true with the bullet you are going to try and several other hybrids.

I would suggest you seat the bullet to fit and feed from your magazine and work up your powder charge. It might be all you will need to do to find an accurate load.

Yes the classic hunter, cabelas has a ton of them. So I thought I would give them a try as I only have 40- 168gr nosler long range accubonds and I suspect it will be a while before we see any more in the stores. Though cabelas does have plenty of the 150gr 7mm nosler long range accubonds.
For what ever reason my gun does not like the berger vld 168gr

I found a great load for my 280 AI. It is a Kimber 84L with a 1-9.5 twist, 24" tube.
I am running 61.1gr Norma MRP under the 168gr classic hunter. I shot a 2.1" group at 400 yards this week. I am loving them. Average velocity 3050fps.

Legal speak- P.S. Do not use this load in your rifle, work up carefully for yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts