berger bullet b.c. change?

ishootkittens

I went to order some 230gr target hybrids last night online and noticed that the bullets I have now in my possession have a b.c. of .743 and on bergers website has the exact same bullet listed as having a b.c.of .717 and the recommended twist of 1-9 instead of 1-10...what the he'll is going n? Does this happen often?

Thanks

From what I've been told by their bullet techs, ' the old stock BC that I have is correct on my old lot'.
The BC on my new boxes are updated for the new lot.

What ever??????.
Best thing to do is compare new lot and old lot at 600 + yards.

I know some of their BC have changed, but their QC (weight and bearing surface) uniformity is outstanding on recent lots I've purchased.
In my opinion that is worth more than a 2% max drop in BC.

AND they are up front about it unlike some other manufacturers.

I seen the same in a lot of 6.5 140 VLD bullets I bought. I just simply changed the BC number in my shooter program and wala. Good as gold. Did not change my seating dies or any thing else. Still shoots the same. One more thing the new 6.5VLD were slightly shorter. Very small amount.

From what I've been told by their bullet techs, ' the old stock BC that I have is correct on my old lot'.
The BC on my new boxes are updated for the new lot..

I'm curious about the validity of this. My local store has a sizable stock of the older, higher BC 230s and I thought about buying them for this reason. I was under the impression that nothing had changed but they had gathered more data.

I know some of their BC have changed, but their QC (weight and bearing surface) uniformity is outstanding on recent lots I've purchased.
In my opinion that is worth more than a 2% max drop in BC.

AND they are up front about it unlike some other manufacturers.

And this is just one of the many reasons I love Berger bullets. Their customer service and customer support is literally unparalleled to any other brand of bullets that I have ever seen. Plus, they are upfront about constantly striving to put out the most accurate product and product information they can, which makes a more accurate product and information available for the end-user to be more accurate.

New dies, change in the alloy they are able to source, someone went over the test numbers and realised a decimal was inserted in the wrong place or testing showed something and a minor tweek resolved a potential issue......

Have seen it happen with other products and found out about it after the fact..usually because the improved part, wouldn't fit in the older equipment or the performance didn't match previous results, requiring expensive and time consuming recalibration.

Berger has always been upfront with changes and findings, Just another reason to use their product.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.