Berger 6.5mm 156 gr. bullets. . .where are they???

Heres a good copy of a thread that was on accurateshooter of guys talking about twist on a barrel, specifically 1-10 in 30 cals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190505-211046_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190505-211046_Chrome.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 193
I'm just a huge fan of Berger. For the impressive work I've seen on big muleys and also elk, but also have shot great off the bench for me. I have a lot of confidence in their stuff just based on my personal experiences using them. Am extremely frustrated to say the least at this multiple year wait now for the 156's though.

I wish they wouldn't tease us about it. Just be like boom here's this badass new bullet for y'all out of nowhere....kinda like what Hornady did with the A-tips

I wish they wouldn't tease us about it. Just be like boom here's this badass new bullet for y'all out of nowhere....kinda like what Hornady did with the A-tips
Totally!
Berger could take a lesson from Hornady...
You think the 156 wait sucks, buckle up for the 245.

Not waiting on Berger anymore and just stocked up on the 153 gr A-Tip bullets from Grafs, got my needs covered with these along with the awesome 150 gr SMK's and still have 1k pcs of 160 gr Matrix bullets, Chinchaga making me a bunch of 168 gr RBT closed tip bullets,

it's all good ... only burger I want now is a moose burger

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/80778

I wonder how fast you can shoot the A-tip before it goes to pieces. The steel tipped Alco bullets I tried did not like life starting a little before 3100 fps.

Totally!
Berger could take a lesson from Hornady...
You think the 156 wait sucks, buckle up for the 245.

I heard rumors about the 245 shortly after my 300-338LMI was built back in 2015. At the time I thought I had missed out as you can imagine going with a 1-10 over a 1-8.5 or 1-8. Kind of glad I didn't get hung up on it as it's been 3 years I believe since I heard the first whisper of the 245.

I really dig the 230 and 250AT, 227gr Hammer hunter. which weren't available at the time.

I'll be sending my rifle back for this new wave of super heavy for caliber bullets Thinking a 32" 1-8 bartlien 5R and McMillan A5 but not for a while.

I'm fairly sure that none of us will ever know the real reasons behind the lack of delivery for the 155/156 or the 245. Berger has chosen to either remain quiet or mislead us by giving false dates for so many of the bullets we require. I don't find that the heavy for caliber bullets specifically are all that useful for the average reloading needs.

All the hand wringing and suppositions do nothing to solve their delivery holdups so the best bet is to simply move on and be surprised when they do hit the supply pipeline. I've had to switch around over a dozen cartridges for clients because Berger could not supply us with bullets we needed for reloading. We found suitable replacements and have moved on.

The powder manufacturers have done the same thing to us by intent or misguidance. We've had to switch powders nearly as much as bullets in order to continue with our work. The end result, unfortunately, is that we will start to order larger amounts in order to insure we have our supplies when we need them. This costs us more money just to stockpile in an effort to avoid shortages and it's tantamount to hoarding because of the inability of the manufacturers to manage their businesses.

The other side of that coin is the intention of the manufacturers to create a situation which allows them to raise the prices because of the increase in demand even though they were/are responsible for the lack of product.

Move on, do a work around.;)

Everybody's pounding on Berger about the 156, what will it kill that that the 140 won't?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts