Berger 215 gr 300 WM load.

I want to thank you all for taking the time to pass knowledge and ideas to make this combination work out.
I went to the range this weekend, Bergers put 2 together and 1 an inch away regardless of powder charge and seating depth, some groups better than others but 1.5 MOA average. Next step would be trying Retumbo, N568 or N570.
I decided to run a quick test with the 212 ELDX, as factory 200 gr ELDX shot good. Well, rifle shoots them almost into a ragged hole. Im switching gears and saving the Bergers for my other rifles.
Thanks again.
H

I want to thank you all for taking the time to pass knowledge and ideas to make this combination work out.
I went to the range this weekend, Bergers put 2 together and 1 an inch away regardless of powder charge and seating depth, some groups better than others but 1.5 MOA average. Next step would be trying Retumbo, N568 or N570.
I decided to run a quick test with the 212 ELDX, as factory 200 gr ELDX shot good. Well, rifle shoots them almost into a ragged hole. Im switching gears and saving the Bergers for my other rifles.
Thanks again.
H
Hornady isn't my first choice but when I couldn't get any 215 hybrids I bought some of the 212eldx. They weren't bad to tune. Haven't hit meat with them but they ring steel nice at a thousand.

Just quickly got caught up on this thread, from what I've seen and read - it's just not going to shoot the 215's it looks like.

I wouldn't hesitate to shoot the 212gr eld x's - what is your primary animal you will be going after?

oh yah, should be a hammer. I shoot almost the same load you were trying with the 215gr bergers in my rifle

Lapua Brass
215m primers
215gr hybrids
75.5gr H1000
.006 off the lands
2 thou neck tension

I also had great luck with RL 26, very similar charge weights and about 50 fps additional speed. It was actually more forgiving than the H1000 load. Something to consider if you revisit the 215 begers at some point.

I've used CCI 250's but did run into an issue when shooting in single digits - hang fires or just no fire at all.