Berger 184 hybrid

ridgeline300

Trying to decide between the 184 Hybrid and the 175 elite hunter in a 7 SAUM. I was surprised to see I could run both at about the same speeds. 175 was only about 20 FPS faster. I know the 175 has a good track record for killing game but does any one have any experience hunting with the 184? I have read that it is a similar structure to the 215 berger 30 cal which has been an awesome hunting bullet.

It will be similar to the 215 other than the tip. The new target hybrid line has a melplat reducing operation that closes the hollow point off. Some people take a small drill bit and open them back up.

It will be similar to the 215 other than the tip. The new target hybrid line has a melplat reducing operation that closes the hollow point off. Some people take a small drill bit and open them back up.
The 184's I have don't have the tip closed at all. It is almost identical to the 215 hybrids. Are you talking about the LRHT?

I would be really interested to hear some terminal performance feedback on the 184. I would like to give them a try.

I killed a Mule deer out of a 7 SAUM with them last year. 475 yards and worked perfect. 1/2" entrance and 1" exit.

Trying to decide between the 184 Hybrid and the 175 elite hunter in a 7 SAUM. I was surprised to see I could run both at about the same speeds. 175 was only about 20 FPS faster. I know the 175 has a good track record for killing game but does any one have any experience hunting with the 184? I have read that it is a similar structure to the 215 berger 30 cal which has been an awesome hunting bullet.

First things first, if...you keep both the 184 and the 175 at the same pressure's there will be more than 20 fps difference when working with a bullet 9 grains heavier/lighter.

Secondly, being as you're trying to decide between the two how have they shot in your rifle?

First things first, if...you keep both the 184 and the 175 at the same pressure's there will be more than 20 fps difference when working with a bullet 9 grains heavier/lighter.

Secondly, being as you're trying to decide between the two how have they shot in your rifle?
3D1C4632-5CA4-4645-A9D1-2C7404332ACC.jpeg