Bergara B-14 on the short list

31cigarette

Looking to get a new rifle for hunting and longer shots. Want a 300 win mag. have been a 700 guy my whole life with a few others in the in the safe. Not wanting to get a new 700 with all the resent issues. So have made a list what's your opinion.

Bergara b-14
Browning x bolt long range
Tikka t3
Savage 11 maybe another model haven't looked much into them other then the Hunter long range.

Seen my first Bergara rifle, they look really good but I have no experience with one. I honestly would recommend a rem 700 mil spec in the 300 win mag. They just shoot awesome. I know it's not on ur list but that particular model seems really good.

Looking to get a new rifle for hunting and longer shots. Want a 300 win mag. have been a 700 guy my whole life with a few others in the in the safe. Not wanting to get a new 700 with all the resent issues. So have made a list what's your opinion.

Bergara b-14
Tikka t3
Savage 11 maybe another model haven't looked much into them other then the Hunter long range.

Savages are always nice. Easily upgraded for cheap.

I really like the Bergara. Full disclosure haven't shot one. I saw one at a gunshop and handled it. Really nice stock, detachable box mag, relatively light. The action is similar to a rem 700 as far as styling and controls, but its really slick. Feels like a trued up Rem 700. On accurate shooter, guys have taken the plunge and say 1 MOA or less accuracy.

Looked at the 700r but waights to much to stalk hunt with. Have Sendero it's a lot to lug around. The gun will be used for big game hunting in the mountains. So weight ruggedness and ability to shoot all need to equal out as best I can.

Last edited:

Bergara b-14
Tikka t3
Take a look at the Remington Gen2 milspec in .300wm. If I didn't already have 3, .300wm's I'd have bought one as soon as I saw how well my Gen2 .260 is shooting. Phenomenal gun for the price.

Looked at the 700r but waights to much to stalk hunt with. Have Sendero it's a lot to lug around. The gun will be used for big game hunting in the mountains. So weight ruggedness and ability to shoot all need to equal out as best I can.
If weight is an issue the Ruger FTW model is well worth a look. I bought one the same time two years ago I bought my Gen2 Rem in the same caliber and found it to shoot remarkably well especially for something in it's weight class.

here in Spain the bergara b14 is very much in demand.
you have to wait a month to have it.
they have very very good accuracy out of the box.
I have one on 30-06
do not buy it in 300 wm for having a 24 "barrel.
there is a lot of speed difference in 24 "and 26" barrels in 300 wm?

also in Spain there is not so much variety of rifles, models and calibers
you have more to choose

In 300wm 26 inch barrel is a must in my opinion I've had a 300wm before and makes a big difference so that would be a big factor for me.

Bergara b-14
Tikka t3
I just got the bergara b14 in 300win mag and with out mesing a round much it shoots 1moa at 100yds easy with fustion 165gr and three bullits in one hole with cor-loks 180gr. the stock is the best sinthetick I have ever touched, as good if not better than browning xbolt hells canyon sintheick stock, and the trigger is about 2.5lbs.

In 300wm 26 inch barrel is a must in my opinion I've had a 300wm before and makes a big difference so that would be a big factor for me.

What differences did you see? Biggest gun i own is a 30-06 so I am in new Territory with the 300

Look at a Sako a7 range
300wm, 26" barrel, threaded muzzle. I have one in a 6.5 creedmoor, great gun. Stock is an imitation m40 stock, good for prone shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.