Bergara B-14 Hunter In Rem 700 Stock?

timberelk

Does any know if the B-14 hunters will drop into a Rem 700 stock? I would assume it would be a Rem 700 BDL stock?

Does anyone know the weight of the stocks on the B-14 hunters?

I'm looking to try to make the B-14 Hunter a little lighter weight by going with a light bell and Carlson stock but they don't make any specifically for Bergara

It's a rem 700 clone, so the action screws should be in the same position as a model 700 action. Their are multiple article reviews about how you can customize the bergara easily because of it being a model 700 clone.

I really hope someone can answer the stock weight question!

I just swapped the stock on my B14 hunter to a McMillan I bought on a flash sale a few weeks ago. After getting the right bottom metal for the inletting, everything fit together perfectly.

I recently bought the Bergara B14 hunter in 7RM and I didn't like the stock it came with but I wasn't sure if it would fit into an R700 stock because their website is vague. I sent Bergara an email and they confirmed the action has the same footprint as the Remington. I put it into my friends HS precision stock he had laying around from his scendaro. He had it bedded so I had to sand a little away for the recoil lug which I think is slightly thicker (but I'm not completely sure) on the Bergara but after some sanding it fit perfectly. Action holes lined up and the screws are also the same 1/4x28 pitch. Hope this helps

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.