Bergara B-14 Hunter -- Your thoughts/possible issues?

I have 3 B-14s to include a 7mm Hunter. Never had an issue with any of them. All shoot well below sub MOA. I would not hesitate one second to purchase another.

Hello all,

I'm within about a week of purchasing a Bergara B-14 Hunter in 7mm rem mag... I now am concerned and am reconsidering this option. I was told on another post that the bolt shroud on this rifle can break as a result of the firing pin hole being too large, which results in a pierced primer and sending the firing pin back far enough to break the shroud. Has anyone here personally experienced this problem? Is there any other problems with this rifle (easy rusting, action issues, etc.) you have experienced? Should this possible issue scare me away? I'm open to other recommendations of equal quality rifles under $700!

As a side note, I plan to use handloads in the rifle down the road (yes I know it voids the Bergara warranty), but for a few months will just be shooting cheaper factory loads.
Thank you all!
I just bought the HMR blued steel model two weeks ago. As per my normal routine I completely disassembled it to clean, lube and inspect. I took the shroud/ firing pin out of the bolt body and saw flat spots on the shroud threads at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock! I did a search on YouTube and found a video of this where the threads stripped enough to move firing pin back far enough to not get sufficient primer strike. Mine has only been whatever test fire they do so a phone call will be in order. Not very impressed with a new in box rifle with a very common quality control issue that is also a safety issue! I had read such rave reviews online about these guys so am very disappointed. They are new to gun building but this is press they don't need. Especially their first action.

I bought my wife a b14 Hunter in 30-06 and had to send it back for accuracy issues. They sent me a new rifle. It shoots about the same and will be going back again once the world switches back to normal.

I have purchased two Bergara B14 HMR, one for my Grandson graduation present in 7mm Rem Mag, I have put 50 rounds down it now breaking it in, following there guidelines on cleaning. I will say my Grandson rifle and the other one in 6.5 CM for myself are by far the best factory rifle I have ever owned. The fit and finish is great, the stock fits great, the trigger on the 7mag breaks consistently at 2.5lbs with no creep, the CM trigger breaks consistently at 2lbs with no creep. The 7mag reloads with H1000, CCI LRM and Berger 168 HVLD's produce .585" group at 100 yards with the lowest powder charge 63gr. with a .050 jump. I am now at the point of running up the powder charge to 68 gr at 1 gr increments to see if it will produce a better group. I have only had time to shoot the CM five times and out of the box with factory ammo for breaking it in, it is producing 1/2 MOA. I own a custom built 28 Nosler that I paid 4500 with scope, it has a Jewel trigger on it and I had problems with that trigger not being able to put it back on safe. If I had known how great these Bergara were before, I think I would have went with the Bergara over the custom, I could have purchased two Bergara B14 Premium rifles for the cost of the custom. Don't get me wrong, I do like my Custom rifle a lot, it has a McMillan A3 Sporter stock, Stiller action, Brux 26" Interrupt fluting, Armor Black Cerakote on all metal, with a Vortex Viper PST 6.5-24x50 Scope. I too had heard all of the few problems with the firing pin shroud, but what I also read a lot of those were from early manufacturing, 2018 models, I had read they had fixed this issue and ones built after Sept 2019 should not have an issue, as of now neither of mine have an issue, but I have not had them for 2 months and only 55 rounds total through both of them. They do come with a lifetime warranty, so that should have a little piece of mind if something should fail.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.