benchrest in utah?

huntinfool18

i know there is ranges that do benchrest comps here in utah but i cant get a hold anybody to figure out how to get involved in it. so any info on how to get started will be great. thanks

Did anyone ever resolve the question?

I was at Lee KAy a couple of weeks ago and one of the range masters had a bench rest rifle set up. I would imagine if anyone knows its the huys that meet and greet and run the ranges.

Next time I am up there I will try and get some information on competitions.

Havent heard anything yet. I have become more interested in just going out myself and setting up small steel targets in the mountains and shooting those from hunting positions than anything else right now. I would love to hear some info on this and go check it out though. Any excuse i can use to get out and shoot more is a good one!

I am just getting into long range shooting, I have been shooting local dynomite shoots for a couple years but nothing over 600. I have a couple 257 ackleys a 270WSM and I just picked up a 300 rum. Anyway Let me know what info you have come up with and I will do the same. Duke

The range by price is called North Springs Shooting Range and it's way nice. It's ten minutes from my house. The phone number is 435-650-7728.

Contact the Lee Kay center in SLC for starters. Gallensons Sporting Goods in SLC may be a source of info. Benchrest.com, or NBRSA or the fine folks @ Christiensen arms.

Does anyone have a link to North Springs Shooting Range? I did a search and can't find it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.