Benchmark carbon fiber?

Coldfinger

Is anyone running Benchmark Carbon Fiber barrels? What's the good bad or ugly? How do they compare with Bartlein or proof? I've got a couple Benchmark stainless barrels that shoot great.

Just received a semi-custom 300 WSM with a Benchmark/Hell's Canyon Armory carbon barrel. I am in the process of breaking-in the barrel/fire forming brass. It may be a while before I have any meaningful feedback... but first impressions are good.

Will report back once I get into load development.

1661092081614.png

1661092356104.png

I've had 3. All have shot really well. Heavier than a proof for sure, about the same as the #13 Bartlein CF. If I had a choice between a benchmark CF wrapped or a benchmark blank wrapped from Mike at Hells Canyon Armory, I'd take Mikes barrel. He can build them similar in weight to a proof and they shoot darn good

Just received a semi-custom 300 WSM with a Benchmark/Hell's Canyon Armory carbon barrel. I am in the process of breaking-in the barrel/fire forming brass. It may be a while before I have any meaningful feedback... but first impressions are good.

Will report back once I get into load development.

View attachment 388826
View attachment 388828
That looks like a Tikka roughtek action. If so how does the barrel weight compare to the Tikka barrel? Looking to lose some weight on mine by going carbon.

That looks like a Tikka roughtek action. If so how does the barrel weight compare to the Tikka barrel? Looking to lose some weight on mine by going carbon.

It's a T3x I purchased as a donor action. I never had the original barrel, so I can't give a weight comparison to the current barrel.

I believe Benchmark and HCA are both benchmark cores and wrapped by same supplier. They shoot as well as proof if not better. Great hunting barrels. Look good, shoot almost as well as similar weight all steel barrels. Maybe better on 3rd or 4th shot if you need em.

I believe Benchmark and HCA are both benchmark cores and wrapped by same supplier. They shoot as well as proof if not better. Great hunting barrels. Look good, shoot almost as well as similar weight all steel barrels. Maybe better on 3rd or 4th shot if you need em.
Correct they are both benchmark cores but not wrapped by the same people

I know where Mike at HCA has his done, Not positive Benchmark does the same but looks like it as does Helix 6. The pioneer in carbon fiber outdoor sports technology is the dna of HCA carbon wraps.