benchmark 3c or 5c barrel?

I went with a cut rifled 5R 10 twist bbl for my new wildcat the 300 Werewolf , the cartridge design is intended to specifically run the 230 gr Bergers at 3500 fps , I'm hoping the Bergers will stabilize at that velocity with the 10 twist in 5R ....

does anybody make a 30 cal 5R in 9 twist ? looking for a 34" blank in Sendero contour !

Chris ?

Bartlein does and I think there are others as well......Rich

I went with a cut rifled 5R 10 twist bbl for my new wildcat the 300 Werewolf , the cartridge design is intended to specifically run the 230 gr Bergers at 3500 fps , I'm hoping the Bergers will stabilize at that velocity with the 10 twist in 5R ....

does anybody make a 30 cal 5R in 9 twist ? looking for a 34" blank in Sendero contour !

Chris ?

Bartlein does and I think there are others as well. You shouldn't have any trouble stabilizing them with a 10 though........Rich

Swamplord, what is a 300 Werewolf? What parent case does it use to get the 230's to 3500fps cause that is flat hauling *** for a 230. Sounds cool to me whatever it is.

Also, a 1-10 will be plenty of twist for the 230's especially as fast as you're driving them. We are shooting them at 3250 out of a 1-10 Lilja and they stabilize quite nicely. We've run them up to 3350 but it's a little hard on the cases, at 3350 we only get 3-4 reloads and they're done and at 3250 haven't thrown a case away yet.

The 300 Werewolf is my 338 Wolverine necked down and given a longer neck (500 Jeffery / 500 AHR parent case)
case capacity is 145 gr water, 27 gr more than the 7.82 Warbird

I first named it the 300 Wolf but had to change it in order to prevent confusion with the 30 Wolf (338 Lapua based wildcat) I renamed it the 300 Timberwolf but was informed that another guy had taken that name ( 338 Lapua based also)

after the hoopla it all worked out and I was able to have PT&G inscribe 300 Werewolf on my reamer

The name works as this is a monster 30 cal cartridge,

I like my 3L Pac-Nors. Solids seem to work well in 3 groove/land barrels.

My 260 is a 3. Shoots A-Max very well.

Swamplord, We do have a 9 twist 5R and can get you one. That is the barrel I will be using for my 30-338 lapua.
Thanks for asking!
Chris

Chris,
I will take a 30 cal 9 twist 5R 34" Sendero contour and one of your Muscle Brakes ,
basically same as the last two I got from you,
(the 375 and 338 barrels ya sent me,)
gotta tell you that 375 bbl shoots absolutely fantastic, can't wait to send a few in the 338 Wolverine, smith still working on that one

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.