Bench gun build

I think a Savage action would be a good, cost effective candidate for your needs. You would be able to put it together yourself on a budget and have great options for triggers, barrels, stocks/chassis and the like. I'd buy that model 50 from you for a good price too - my dad hunted with one until it was stolen from his truck in the 80's, but that's not the reason for this post. I don't recommend the Mausers for LR/ELR plinking unless you're very steady on the bench - that long lock time does cause your POI to shift around - I've gone this route and now use a Savage 110 action as the basis for my long range plinker with a single stack magazine simplifying the cartridge feeding needs and good presentation into the chamber. Barrel swaps are a breeze too. Pick a cartridge, buy a pre-fit barrel and a set of gauges and you're off to the range for some trigger time in less than 30 minutes. Short or long cartridges will require the appropriate mag, but that's easy as well. Whichever path you choose - have fun, enjoy the journey and be safe. We learn best by doing. There are great people on this site to guide you in the decision making processes and to help iron out the kinks - and there can be lots of kinks with these mechanical projectile launching contraptions :)

Right you are , how's about a 6mm BR , heck they one hole almost all the time small vase lots of fun ,cheers
Never gonna happen- at least as a repeater.
The FN commercial Mauser action is a true LA (not intermediate). A 2.44" OAL cartridge in a 30-.06 length action isn't going to work.

I think a Savage action would be a good, cost effective candidate for your needs. You would be able to put it together yourself on a budget and have great options for triggers, barrels, stocks/chassis and the like. I'd buy that model 50 from you for a good price too - my dad hunted with one until it was stolen from his truck in the 80's, but that's not the reason for this post. I don't recommend the Mausers for LR/ELR plinking unless you're very steady on the bench - that long lock time does cause your POI to shift around - I've gone this route and now use a Savage 110 action as the basis for my long range plinker with a single stack magazine simplifying the cartridge feeding needs and good presentation into the chamber. Barrel swaps are a breeze too. Pick a cartridge, buy a pre-fit barrel and a set of gauges and you're off to the range for some trigger time in less than 30 minutes. Short or long cartridges will require the appropriate mag, but that's easy as well. Whichever path you choose - have fun, enjoy the journey and be safe. We learn best by doing. There are great people on this site to guide you in the decision making processes and to help iron out the kinks - and there can be lots of kinks with these mechanical projectile launching contraptions :)
Well I'm in the PNW and I am a fair person. I've heard lots about using savage actions, but have never owned a savage rifle so I have been weary about using one. But it might be something to look into.

I think a Savage action would be a good, cost effective candidate for your needs. You would be able to put it together yourself on a budget and have great options for triggers, barrels, stocks/chassis and the like. ……..I've gone this route and now use a Savage 110 action as the basis for my long range plinker with a single stack magazine simplifying the cartridge feeding needs and good presentation into the chamber. Barrel swaps are a breeze too. Pick a cartridge, buy a pre-fit barrel and a set of gauges and you're off to the range for some trigger time in less than 30 minutes.
What trigger are you using? I have the Jard Centerfire trigger system. I have a Savage custom in changeover process stuck between MDT(which it fit) to a KRG(which needs dremel work to fit the Jard). Still, love the gun.

It is a 300 WSM, but may become a 6.5 PRC or 7 SAUM or 6.8 Western someday.

That said, the easy button is a Zermatt Origin.

OP ,I went back a re read from beginning ,your first choice the 6.5x284, that's a winner rite there Sorry I jumped the subject,🤔,for bbl ,go Cut/rifled ,Brux,Krieger,Bartlein,SS of course, conture #5 or a Lite Palma they will give speed and not heat up so fast ,bbl length n twist stay 26 inch ,twist 1/7.5 depending on your bullet choice ,sock your call ,6mmO6 might work 0r 25/280ai with a 1/7 twist again lots to mull over ,it's your build 🧐😉

What trigger are you using? I have the Jard Centerfire trigger system. I have a Savage custom in changeover process stuck between MDT(which it fit) to a KRG(which needs dremel work to fit the Jard). Still, love the gun.

It is a 300 WSM, but may become a 6.5 PRC or 7 SAUM or 6.8 Western someday.

That said, the easy button is a Zermatt Origin.
Probably just a timney, put them in a few rifles and they may not be the best but much better than any factory trigger I've come across

Get a savage target action with the accutrigger. Think the target accutrigger will adjust down to a couple oz
They are a single shot but work well.
I have one in 5xc and 284 match and both will shoot very well.