Beginner Looking For Help

Jpistolero02

I have had a desire to go on an elk hunt for a long time. Having not been on a western hunt, I feel it would be prudent to go with an outfitter my first time out. I have looked into a group out of the Gunnison area by the name of Tenderfoot and a group in the Grand Junction area by the name of Mesa Outfitters. Does anyone have experience with these outfitters or areas? I am not expecting monster bulls in Colorado, but it would be nice to be in the ballpark of some animals. If anyone has any other suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do as much research as I can, but some additional local knowledge would be great.

I personally don't think I would spend the money for an outfitter. See if you can draw or purchase a cow tag. That would be a good way to get some experience and quite possibly some great meat in the freezer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.