Looking for palatable recipes...????

There is no such recipe in existence. I've tried them all, nothing seems to relieve the bitter taste EXCEPT next year's drawings.

I even tried seasoning it with salty tears..... no luck.its made so much worse when you have to drive slowly through the herd honking your horn to get em off the road on the way out of the mountains, My new full custom elk rifle with validated drops to 1000, etc...sitting cased in the back of the pickup, wishing I had a lariat instead.

Last edited:
Find a buddy with a late season hunt, help him get an elk, and pack it out. You should get some meat as a thank you. Season with salt and pepper, fry in butter, enjoy.

morning, season overnight, salt, pepper, garlic and steak seasoning. fry in
olive oil, or bacon lard. best steaks I ever ate!!
TUM

morning, season overnight, salt, pepper, garlic and steak seasoning. fry in
olive oil, or bacon lard. best steaks I ever ate!!
TUM

Sure.... just rub it in a little bit more.... use some of that salt for my wounds!!sadly, my post was more about my complete lack of success this year. Tag soup for this guy. Just never liked the taste- or texture for that matter-- (be sure to insert appropriate smiley faces when you read this ) ;)

morning, NO not critizing (sp) or making fun of. I thought this was asking
for a recipe for elk meat?? no pun intended. very good meat!!!!
TUM

....Tag soup. Never did like that taste in my mouth.

Agreed.

I am fortunate to hunt with a group of friends for most seasons. Sometimes we hunt together, other times in different states. But in every situation, when one of us doesn't fill a tag, the rest of us step up and share from our bounty. We also have several meals together each year, social occasions where the wives or significant others get to hear us recount yet again, our exploits just one more time. :D

Regards.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.