Been an off year

Five days post op. Surgery took longer than anticipated. Guess it took awhile to remove all the arthritic garbage. Doc said it was bone on bone.

It was drive through surgery. They gave a nerve block and fentanyl during and after the procedure. Didn't feel too bad until day three. That's when the real pain started. Nerve block and any residual fentanyl were gone. Now on a double dose of my pain meds. Not really working out because I've taken that particular medication way too long. Efficacy is perhaps 50% at double rate.

I've told the doc that and he says there's not much he can do. They won't switch meds nor increase it for my previous ailments.

Well anyhoo, have to tie myself up into the meat squeezer. Both calves, left hip, left mid thigh (includes the left fat cramp area).

@Carlos88: hang in there! I have a trashed right shoulder beyond repair and constant pain. Dang stenosis wreaking havoc too. It can really wear on you and I truly hope you get some relief. If I heard getting old ain't for the weak one more time it was going to get ugly.

Pain is an ugly companion and my method is to find something to occupy my mind. I hope you can find that "magical" relief for your mind and soul. I have prepped enough brass to shoot next 5 years! 😂

Prayers and the deepest hope you will find comfort and relief so you can enjoy your life to the fullest.

All the best!

@Carlos88: hang in there! I have a trashed right shoulder beyond repair and constant pain. Dang stenosis wreaking havoc too. It can really wear on you and I truly hope you get some relief. If I heard getting old ain't for the weak one more time it was going to get ugly.

Pain is an ugly companion and my method is to find something to occupy my mind. I hope you can find that "magical" relief for your mind and soul. I have prepped enough brass to shoot next 5 years! 😂

Prayers and the deepest hope you will find comfort and relief so you can enjoy your life to the fullest.

All the best!
Thanks Muddy. I appreciate the kind words and thoughts.

Well the pain is decreasing but just in case I was feeling better I got the COVID. 🤬

NOT a jabee. Taking ivermectin, hydrochloroquine, vitamin c, vitamin d, zinc, quercetin and aspirin. Apparently it's the right think to take because the fever is lessening, congestion is minimal. Exhausting. I did start taking the meds the day before I tested positive. The reason? My better half tested positive the day before that.

I'm sure I'll get over it in the next 3-4 days. I started dosing on Monday.

Yippee!

I had it a 5 weeks ago. I'm also a pure blood like yourself. It took a week for it to peak and a week to get back to normal. I basically felt really hungover for 6 out of 14 days. I only missed one day of work out of the 14. All i took was excedrine. My hunting partner who has been jabbed has been at home for almost 2 weeks!!! He's healthier than I am and it is kicking his butt!

Keep pumping the vitamin C. And get well soon.