Been an off year

Update:

The surgery went well. Leg is at about 80% strength. Better yet no hip pain (flexor aches occasionally). Very happy with that.

My sister has been ill. When I went up to WV to see Dad she looked horrible. Gaunt, yellowish tint to her skin. I literally screamed at her to go to the hospital. Said she would but never did. Finally had so much pain, upset stomach, etc her eldest son called the amberlamps (remember that?). Turns out one bile duct completely "closed", the other one about 75% blocked. Had surgery, stents, sonic boomed some of her stones. She's on the mend. Stubborn old cuss.

About two weeks ago I had an anaphylactic shock episode. We were visiting the outlaws. Decided to go eat lunch and I was the designated driver. Started to back out of the driveway and my hands and arms started to itch. Then my shoulders, head, throat started to constrict, progressed to the torso and rest of my body. Started sweating like I'd just gotten out of the shower, heaving and minor hurling. I felt like it was the big one.

Wife and MIL got me in the car and she (wife) drove like Mario Andretti all the way to Mt. Pleasant. Doc's pumped me full of steroids, benadryl like substance and saline. Funniest part was when the nurse asked when I'd gotten sunburned. My skin was red like a stop light. Was much better in a couple of hours and I asked for them to release me. They made me stay overnite. Pfffffft.

So there you have it. Another ridiculous situation I was glad to live through. The cause of my AS was due to my BP medicine. Now I'm allergic to ACE inhibitors. Doc warned me not to take any meds ending in "pril" or I'd end up in the ER again.

Update:

The surgery went well. Leg is at about 80% strength. Better yet no hip pain (flexor aches occasionally). Very happy with that.

My sister has been ill. When I went up to WV to see Dad she looked horrible. Gaunt, yellowish tint to her skin. I literally screamed at her to go to the hospital. Said she would but never did. Finally had so much pain, upset stomach, etc her eldest son called the amberlamps (remember that?). Turns out one bile duct completely "closed", the other one about 75% blocked. Had surgery, stents, sonic boomed some of her stones. She's on the mend. Stubborn old cuss.

About two weeks ago I had an anaphylactic shock episode. We were visiting the outlaws. Decided to go eat lunch and I was the designated driver. Started to back out of the driveway and my hands and arms started to itch. Then my shoulders, head, throat started to constrict, progressed to the torso and rest of my body. Started sweating like I'd just gotten out of the shower, heaving and minor hurling. I felt like it was the big one.

Wife and MIL got me in the car and she (wife) drove like Mario Andretti all the way to Mt. Pleasant. Doc's pumped me full of steroids, benadryl like substance and saline. Funniest part was when the nurse asked when I'd gotten sunburned. My skin was red like a stop light. Was much better in a couple of hours and I asked for them to release me. They made me stay overnite. Pfffffft.

So there you have it. Another ridiculous situation I was glad to live through. The cause of my AS was due to my BP medicine. Now I'm allergic to ACE inhibitors. Doc warned me not to take any meds ending in "pril" or I'd end up in the ER again.
OMG
Sometimes we look at our own issues and forget about others. Praying for you.
Carlos
Just followed up on a PM from you
Let's talk tomorrow
Len

Update:

Well, sounds like your turning out to be a tough old cuss. And that's a good thing!

Recent Posts