Beef tongue

Since @FEENIX posted on of my favorite foods in beef tongue. I thought I'd share ours tonight. Beef short ribs and mushroom couscous a little bib and tucker 6 year to wash it all down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
This brings back so many memories......my mom had stainless bowls to put the heart, liver, tongue and tail in on butcher day. I can still hear the bowls ringing from the tail and tongue nerves jerking hours after the bothering was done. Day after was always beef tongue lunch, sure do miss it!

Feenix called it with Lengua (tongue) tacos. I pressure cook mine with cumin,cilantro, and onions covering tongue half way up with water for approx 90 min. Let cool and peel skin off. Makes the best taco in the world, with the tenderest filling out there. Or if u live north of the Manson Nixon, slice it for sandwichs on Rye bread with spicy mustard. Or just go top local Deli to let them make ur sandwich...

$35 for a tongue! Wow. I cut the one out of my elk last year and cooked it up. It didn't seem much smaller than the one you bought. I didn't care for it, but I also didn't know what I was doing and probably butchered the recipe.

I do not remember it being this high either. I watched a culinary documentary, and apparently, the demand has significantly gone up. There is only one per cow, which has been attributed to the cost increase.
For over 30 years now, a little hole in the wall mexican place makes the best lengua tacos

$35 for a tongue! Wow. I cut the one out of my elk last year and cooked it up. It didn't seem much smaller than the one you bought. I didn't care for it, but I also didn't know what I was doing and probably butchered the recipe.
Yep, sometimes it is all about the preparation. Last month, I went to a potluck, and the host's wife hates antelope meat. I brought a slider made with antelope. She had a few helpings, and her husband did not tell her until the following day. She did ask for the recipe, though. :D