Bedding rifle stock

I had an opened container of Devvon 10110 go bad on me. Would never set up.

A real pain to remove and prep the stock the second time around.

I've read where others have had my experience. Some say store the opened 10110 containers in the refrigerator to increase opened shelf life.

Anyhow, that was my last time purchasing that product. I now buy the 2oz containers of Gray Marine Tex. Plenty for one bedding job. Sometimes enough for two jobs.
Some else posted the same thing some years ago but I bought a kit in 2009 and did a bedding job a few weeks ago and it set up fine.
I have 2 new kits,maybe I should put them in the fridge as I still have some of my 13 year old Devcon left.That would tick me off to pay 50.00 per kit for 2 kits and then it go bad.

I had an opened container of Devvon 10110 go bad on me. Would never set up.

A real pain to remove and prep the stock the second time around.

I've read where others have had my experience. Some say store the opened 10110 containers in the refrigerator to increase opened shelf life.

Anyhow, that was my last time purchasing that product. I now buy the 2oz containers of Gray Marine Tex. Plenty for one bedding job. Sometimes enough for two jobs.
Mixing Devcon is pretty critical that it gets mixed with the right ratio, It's best to weigh it. Marine tex isn't as critical but I still follow the 5 to 1 ratio closely.

Some else posted the same thing some years ago but I bought a kit in 2009 and did a bedding job a few weeks ago and it set up fine.
I have 2 new kits,maybe I should put them in the fridge as I still have some of my 13 year old Devcon left.That would tick me off to pay 50.00 per kit for 2 kits and then it go bad.

The cost of the Devcon was the least of my griefs. Removing partially set up Devcon was the worst. A tacky gummy mess. Much worse than prepping the original bedding job.

Now I buy the smaller containers of Gray Marine Tex. The two products are very similar in consistency and set times.

I believe I did weigh out the portions from the two Devcon containers.

I can add that the consistency of the Devcon product in the smaller of the two containers had changed over time, compared to a fresh container of product. I know because I had another new container of Devcon 10110. And I compared the product from the freshly opened container to the old product, when I bedded that rifle the second time around. So I felt confident the product in the smaller of the two containers had degraded, after it had been opened and stored in my reloading room for a period of time.
I stored the newly opened Devcon containers in the refrigerator after this experience. But then switched over to Marine Tex.

I've used Acraglas and atomized steel from Brownell's for a long time and I've had very good luck with it. I use the atomized steel in the recoil lug area and the rear bolt area only for the extra strength it offers over just glass alone. I have also used very fine brass shavings from my lathe for the same areas and I use fiberglass for the barrel channel.