Bedding a KRG bravo?

I don't think bedding a chassis is a common move, but I'm open to learning otherwise. I've got a .300 NM Terminus Kratos X anchoring a 30" Bartlein in a Bravo and so far I haven't seen the need to bed it, but that's a first hand sample size of one.

I'm interested to hear other views.

I really don't want to bed mine either but it's definitely in need. I'm thinking about just using the same bedding compound I normally use and see but thought I'd throw it on here with much more knowledge than I have. I like the stock, action is just rocking in it and throwing shots

I really don't want to bed mine either but it's definitely in need. I'm thinking about just using the same bedding compound I normally use and see but thought I'd throw it on here with much more knowledge than I have. I like the stock, action is just rocking in it and throwing shots
I would contact KRG before you do anything. I've owned a couple of the Bravo's and played with a few more and I've never seen one where the action is loose when properly torqued.

It's not moving around once it's bolted together. There's like a high spot somewhere behind the recoil lug giving me a little bit of rocking. I believe it's throwing my groups around so I'm going to try to bed it flush after the holidays. I'm sure KRG would replace it or something but it looks like it's not much to bed it flat. Just was curious if there was a better choice of bedding than the normal for the aluminum contact.

What do you use normally?

Devcon or Marine Tex are the two that i'm most familiar with. That being said, i'd call KRG first, something doesn't sound right. My Bravo doesn't do that.

t

I've used devcon with success. Can't remember which one I have. I just got done pulling the stock apart ( forgive my ignorance on these things) to try and get a better look at what/where the problem was and really couldn't see a problem so I'm not sure wth I was seeing before I pulled it apart. It's a heavy barrel and maybe I was mistaking the rocking but started a ladder and the first 4 shot string put 2 touching about an inch apart and I stopped as these are $1, 230 Atips. I can see where the action made some marks and it probably wouldn't hurt anything to bed it but I bolted it back together and torqued it and will see if it still has an issue. Hoping to use this in local competitions so trying to get it right. I should've taken some pictures of the marks and if it still has issues I'll try to take some if I pull apart next time. Here she is if it will let me post a picture

Attachments

• CC999D61-38CC-4206-AF56-643D57C8964E.jpeg
    CC999D61-38CC-4206-AF56-643D57C8964E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 66
My 700 has been bedded in both an H-S and now a KRG Bravo. I think the 'smith used Marine-Tex or Devcon.

This is how it grouped in the H-S (ten 308 / 168 Match Kings over 42.5 Varget):

shotgroup_jpg-2651004.JPG

Nice! Ya, I probably should have just bedded it but started looking at all the extra holes and the small area where the recoil lug rests against and decided to give it another try before I do it. If the weather settles down I'll get out and try and finish the ladder. Just doing a powder ladder and then I'll play with seating and then finish with the tuner. There's a 1k f-class about 3.5 hours from me I'd like to shoot for fun if I can get this thing together and round up a spotter.