Bear season coming fast ...

Sendero_Man

The area I hunt opens the 15th of August.... coming fast.

Got the barrel modified this year, put a 3/8 steel rod around the hole so the bears wouldn't rub any fur off while eating/digging the food out. Also cut it down 3.5 inches in height. Now sits at 30" tall roughly. Wyoming law only allows container(s) that equal a total of a 55 gallon barrel. Now I can hang a 5 gallon bucket up in the tree for a stink bait to help establish a new bait site.

I can start baiting the 8th. Will go up and set the 2 different sites and hang the trail cameras and see what happens...

Should be a hoot again. My soon to be 13 year old is legal this year and has his tag as well as my wife again.

will post more as it happens and maybe put up some pics of the barrels, sites, trail cam pics, etc. as it all unfolds.....

My wife Aimee and her bear from last year. 110 yards with her .280 Ruger

Aimee_Bear.JPG

and here he is after waiting 8 months ! sorry for cell phone pic....

AimeeBearrug.jpg

Smoked another one. Cinnimon & chocolate tapering to black on the legs. Realty big dry sow. Thought it was a boar
190 yds 270wsm 140 gr Accubond.
. Still proud tho. Will post pics whenever I can get my wife to put em in Photobucket. May take a while........ Wish it was like sending a pic from a phone instead of a bunch of hoops. Oh well.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.