Bear Season...

I love to spot and stalk the black bears here in AK. It doesn't take much more than a good backpack and some strong legs to get out there and find them. I was out last fall looking for black bears and managed a nice 8' brown bear off a slope covered in blueberries. I was hesitant about he meat at first, but man it sure is good. Hunting them in the mountains is a lot easier in the fall due to the blueberries, that's when I like to hunt them the most.

E94A9211-BD0E-4B28-B749-03AC82A6B354_zpsfnuqojwj.jpg

I have the luxury of glassing from my couch. Haven't spotted any bears yet but have found some grizzly tracks within two miles of my cabin. Snow is starting to melt quickly so it's only a matter of time.

2015 Bear season officially has begun with my buddy taking this bear last night. One shot @ 453 yards with my new 375 Cheytac with 350gr Cutting Edge Bullets @ 3150fps he X ringed him. Some pretty good video thats one hard hitting round. I'll post video later.

Attachments

• 20150428_195054.jpg
    20150428_195054.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 128
2015 Bear season officially has begun with my buddy taking this bear last night. One shot @ 453 yards with my new 375 Cheytac with 350gr Cutting Edge Bullets @ 3150fps he X ringed him. Some pretty good video thats one hard hitting round. I'll post video later.

Nice bear. Looking forward to the video as well. Congrats.

I'm heading north to hunt bears on the 16th. I'm hoping to come home with a couple of bruisers again this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.