BDC Turret knobs

[ QUOTE ]
If I sold these for a nickle a piece I would be rich by now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
hey BB i'll send you a nickle. I'm all about a man making a living /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif as long as you would be so kind to email that program to me as well [email protected] thank a lot for your time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A few instructions as best I know.

These two programs are "examples of how to do it"

They cannot be used "as is"

They are set up for for a particualr gun shooting a particular bullet of a particular BC at a particular speed, altitude, etc.

What you need to so is

Using a ballistic program compute a drop chart in "inches" for YOUR particular gun, etc.

Most scopes are marked in quarter inches but the circumference of the scope knob and how many inches a turn varies. I believe my two Luepolds V3 have 15 inches per turn. So your little tiny strip of paper must have that many inch marks for a complete wrap. Getting the program to print the right size so you get 15 inches spread correctly on the sheet of paper is a trial and error exercise.

In all of of this you have to go in and put your 200yd , 300yd, 400yd etc marks. These must have been field verified or once you have the paper wrapped you can actually use a waterproof pen to mark on the paper as you shoot the gun in. You then cover that with water proof transparent tape.

I did not ever personally use either one of these two programs. I acquired them out of curiosity as to how the computer programs were put together.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.