BC question

Per Bryan Litz
G7 .196 = G1 .392

The Hornady 6mm 87 VMax has the same numbers per Litz findings for reference.

Last edited:
This may or may not help you but if you have a kestrel 5700 elite where all information is programmed for the gun you are using including the bullet, you can input whichever G1 or G7 number you have and by just switching the DM (drag model), the unit will automatically convert it to that bc number. Example, in my unit, hammer hunter 7mm 143 grain bullet carries a .230 G7 bc as per hammers web site, but by switching the drag model to G1, it automatically converts the number to .449

This may or may not help you but if you have a kestrel 5700 elite where all information is programmed for the gun you are using including the bullet, you can input whichever G1 or G7 number you have and by just switching the DM (drag model), the unit will automatically convert it to that bc number. Example, in my unit, hammer hunter 7mm 143 grain bullet carries a .230 G7 bc as per hammers web site, but by switching the drag model to G1, it automatically converts the number to .449
Not sure what a kestrel 5700 elite is, but I'm pretty sure it's a lot smarter than I am. I'm also probably not a dedicated enough shooter to use technology like that. Between work, raising calves, taking care of horses, taking care of the wife, and trying to fill the freezer with venison, I'm about tapped out for time. Thank you for the advice, and trying to help me out.