BC issues

Great points Jeff and Richard. I think I will take your advise and reshoot on paper as well as adding a few other yardages and remeasuring my MILs.

I know some Mfgs fudge or over-estimate their BCs.

But if Bryan Litz publishes a BC, I'd think twice before adjusting it much, if at all. Individual rifles may affect BC, but it's not by very much.

On the other hand, chronographs are usually fairly precise as to the relative shot to shot velocity provided conditions don't change. But, the accuracy (magnitude) of the measurement can be off by quite a lot.

Keep us posted.

-- richard

There is no single BC that is right for the whole trajectory.
So most makers quote the average of multiple BC's along the trajectory path at certain velocities . Some just quote the largest BC number in the string of BC's.
They can't be called liars because at some point that BC is right but it can not predict the whole trajectory accurately on it's own . Some quote several BC's and velocities along the trajectory which is a better approach in some cases as long a s the BC's are right to start with.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.