berger bc?

wolverine99

I just ordered a new box of 230g otm tactical bergers and they came in yesterday. I opened the package and noticed the bc was .710/.364. the box I had says .719/.368 on the box. boxes are the same color and both say hybrid otm tactical. why the difference in bc if they have the same part number and same bullet type? I know the 230g target have a different bc but these are supposed to be the same bullet by looking at the labels. anyone else have this problem?

I just ordered a new box of 230g otm tactical bergers and they came in yesterday. I opened the package and noticed the bc was .710/.364. the box I had says .719/.368 on the box. boxes are the same color and both say hybrid otm tactical. why the difference in bc if they have the same part number and same bullet type? I know the 230g target have a different bc but these are supposed to be the same bullet by looking at the labels. anyone else have this problem?

One of the guys from Berger posted about this a while back, and said that from time to time and as technology progresses and becomes more accurate, they re-test and adjust their BC's to ensure they are offering us the most accurate product they can. I would go by what the new box says for the new bullets.

Yes that is right..They updated the BC's and there is still a lot of the old boxes in circulation..

On a good note the BC on my 180 VLD's went UP...:D

Can anyone confirm that the bullets are the same and the listed BC's changed vs the bullets changing? I saw enough 230 targets to last the life of a 300 nm barrel for sale with the 380 g7 bc yesterday and it would be worth it to grab them if so.

Yes that is right..They updated the BC's and there is still a lot of the old boxes in circulation....:D

Berger also changed the recommended wrist rate of barrel recommendations on some of their bullets. That was more disturbing to me than a few thousandths change in BC.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.