BERGER 210 bc ???

bigbuck

I was wandering which bc to use with my exbol program ? on the box it says .616 but I have been told to use .631. which one is the better bc ?

Thanks bigbuck.

Qualifiers to any bullet's BC is velocity, drag model, and a standard atmosphere.
The only bullet makers qualifying their BCs(for us) are Sierra, and Berger.
Sierra provides 1-3 G1 BCs by associated velocities at Std.Metro.
Berger's single G1 & G7 BCs account for reducing BC in flight via average BC to velocities, at ICAO.

Exbal would likely be less accurate using a single 'peak' BC (.631).
So I would use Berger's number (.616) if I were you.

.631 is the published G1 BC that Berger uses. The current boxes are labeled .631 G1 and .323 G7

Broz is quite the authority on the 210berger (have read many threads of his using this bullet in 300winmag to take elk out to 1k), so his recommendation of .631 is a good one.

the definitive authority though would be to check Brian Lytz "Applied Ballistics" book. (sorry I don't have a copy)

DUDE, you need to shoot more!! I bet you have a box that predates the BC revision, that's kinda sad, how you going to wear out a barrel at this rate :D

I have been using .631 for years in 30-378's and many 300 win's. They all have worked out well to 1000 yards and have taken game with one shot.

Berger did change the BC at one time, I am not sure why, but they now have it back to .631 on there site for the Huntng 210 VLD as well as their 210 Target VLd.

Hunting_Bullets

Target_Bullets

But what ever....:rolleyes:

Jeff

I have been using .631 for years in 30-378's and many 300 win's. They all have worked out well to 1000 yards and have taken game with one shot.

Berger did change the BC at one time, I am not sure why, but they now have it back to .631 on there site for the Huntng 210 VLD as well as their 210 Target VLd.

Hunting_Bullets

Target_Bullets

But what ever....:rolleyes:

Jeff

I am not worthy....I am not worthy!

DUDE, you need to shoot more!! I bet you have a box that predates the BC revision, that's kinda sad, how you going to wear out a barrel at this rate :D

Oops if it counts I have 5 left in this box:) I got a little trigger time today I used the bc that broz has stated . I only shot out to 800 yards I think i will post a thread with results and all tomorrow . Im hitting inside a 6 inch circle but not the first round my exball has me a few inches low at 600 and 800 but it was close. very excited to see what happens when I target validate .

Thanks to all of the replies oh yea you guys are blessed with good shooting terrain I had to shoot over the top of corn fields it was a pain to see the target but the 4x8 sheet of ply wood made it a little easier . The corn makes great wind flags tho.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.