Bass pro shop has bought out sportmans warehouse !

This is sad ... Sportsman's Warehouse was in our area and they were great but when BPS moved in to the middle of Dallas-Fort Worth, they closed up pretty quick.

BPS is terrible. I've stopped shopping at Cabelas even though I have one literally 5min from my house. Dick's is virtually next door to Cabelas and I refuse to buy anything outdoors related from them.

Scheel's seems pretty good and I'm finding their prices to be pretty good on certain items as well and I've certainly started supporting them. Have not been in the store that opened 20min from my house yet due to the 'vid but honestly I kind of prefer shopping online and using the curbside delivery.

Someone mentioned that we also have Academy in Texas ... BPS seems to be using their game plan of having a big selection of cheap merchandise. I keep wondering when Academy might try to offer some higher end stuff. Fortunately, there are local places here that fill the gaps (if you are in the Dallas area and have never been to Ray's Hardware store near downtown, you should go check it out).

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
I've never been able to find anything at sportsman warehouse that I was looking for, especially in reloading. I have better luck at Bass Pro.

Guess it depends on the location. Boise Cabellas doesn't have crap for primers, powders bullets and even brass. Great place if you want to buy a sweater or some fudge.... got enough sweaters and too fat for more fudge!!

Back in the early '90s, I got bit in the rear buying Redhead brand saving a few bucks vs Cabelas, never bought from BPS again. As the years went on, Cabelas quality went downhill with Chinese junk. I quit buying from Cabelas after the takeover by BPS. SW opened a store a couple of miles from me and though they have Chinese junk like everywhere else the reloading section has been adequate for powder and primers, though I get most of my other supplies online, Midway, Grafs, Midsouth, etc... At the current time though they are out of stock on reloading supplies like everywhere.
I have a dicks near me but I refuse to ever set foot in there. If BPS taking over sends SW in the downhill direction I'll have to go online for all my supplies as there isn't much selection of Mom and Pop stores in my area.
Only time will tell but I imagine it's a lose-lose situation for me and many others.

Very sad news... You noticed a change in Cabela's after Bass pro bought them. In September displays went from dove decoys, shells, camo & shotguns to clothing, manly plaid shirts and earrings. Sign.

I hate to hear that bass pro shop has boyght out sportsmans warehouse .They by far had the most reloading and ammo in their stores .They never sold any junk either .I always found what I was looking for when I lived in Alaska in their stores .Bass pro ruined cabelas clothsband other gear when they took them over too .I hate to see just one store owning all the sporting good and shooting supplies it's easier to lose the whole thing and they usually get their prices way higher .The people working at sportmans really knew their stuff too !
I agree I bought a 6.5 prc begara and had cabelas in Farmington ut had them mount new black x1000 4x16x50 bought the rings there they said they would mount for free and bore sight the done a crappy job or maybe the scope but after 156 click down I was at the bullseye at 50 yards should have been on at 200 but had to adjust 8 clicks this was off a bag and table

That is a bummer. I have rarely been in a Cabelas . I never entered a bass pro shop. I can say I am not a fan of the local sportsman's warehouse. I guess it is time to focus on the small gun shops that have a way to get what you want. Maybe plan ahead. ? It is time to adapt and get creative. Later on my frens...

This sucks for the Reno nevada area cabela's was half @$$ed at best then BPS bought them they went to junk and the Reno SW is in bad shape from miss management, so the will be a even bigger junk show. That lives Scheels and they do a OK job for reloading there gun prices are a bit high.

BANNED

Banned

From an anti-trust standpoint (i.e., lack of competition) I'll be surprised if the Department of Justice approves this purchase. However, with the way D.C works it probably won't even be questioned. To bad for Bass Pro does suck!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts