Bartlien #4 carbon barrel channel question

Red Mule

How gapish would the Bartlien #4 carbon look in a proof sendero barrel channel. Anybody got pictures of such a scenario. Just wandering how bad it'd look.

It would look pretty bad. A Bartlein Sendero carbon has more gap then I would consider "right" in a Proof sendero inlet and a #4 is only going to be worse.

It would look pretty bad. A Bartlein Sendero carbon has more gap then I would consider "right" in a Proof sendero inlet and a #4 is only going to be worse.
Bartlein doesn't make a "Sendero" CF contour.
Bartlein contours (+/-):
#4 @ 22" is .750"
Varmint @ 22" in .830"
M24 @ 22" is .900

Proof countours (+/-):
Sendero Light @ 22" is .839"
Sendero @ 22" is .943"
Bull @ 22" is 1.200"

So the Bartlein Varmint is slightly lighter taper than the Proof Sendero Light. The #4 is about .193" lighter than a Proof Sendero, leaving about .0865" of gap on each side of the barrel channel. 1/8" is .125", 1/16" is .062". So slightly more than 1/16" gap above and beyond the free floated relief.

that'd be great to see the pic. i had looked for contour specs on both barrels but really couldn't find any for the proof, I know it'll be fairly gapish but also seen some barreled actions in a chassis, while it works, it definitely aint very eye appeasing to me . looks as though the m24/#14 bartlien contour would have made a better choice for a proof barrel channel.

Bartlein doesn't make a "Sendero" CF contour.
Bartlein contours (+/-):
#4 @ 22" is .750"
Varmint @ 22" in .830"
M24 @ 22" is .900

Proof countours (+/-):
Sendero Light @ 22" is .839"
Sendero @ 22" is .943"
Bull @ 22" is 1.200"

So the Bartlein Varmint is slightly lighter taper than the Proof Sendero Light. The #4 is about .193" lighter than a Proof Sendero, leaving about .0865" of gap on each side of the barrel channel. 1/8" is .125", 1/16" is .062". So slightly more than 1/16" gap above and beyond the free floated relief.
Ya they do. The #13 is a rem varmint/sendero. It's exactly the same contour as a steel Sendero and when you order one it's called a rem varmint/sendero cfw. They really don't look good in a proof sendero inlet.

The M24 Bartlien won't fit in a proof sendero inlett. It took some sanding. Even a Bartlien #13 tapers way faster up front than a proof sendero.