Barrels makers

hesse

I am looking to get a Remington 788 re barreled in 22 250. That is what the gun originally is but I am looking for somebody that makes the barrels and installs the barrels also looking to shoot 53 to 60 grain bullets in it I was thinking the one to 12 twist rate any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks for your help

I am looking to get a Remington 788 re barreled in 22 250. That is what the gun originally is but I am looking for somebody that makes the barrels and installs the barrels also looking to shoot 53 to 60 grain bullets in it I was thinking the one to 12 twist rate any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks for your help
Call the barrel manufacturers (I.e., Hart, McGowen, Pac-Nor, etc.) and find out about their barrel installation service.

Last edited:
Hart or Pac nor is were I would look probably the shortest wait since they make there own barrels. I recently ordered 2 - 20 cal barrels from pac nor and was quoted 3 months.
Just be aware if you wanna shoot Lapua 22-250 brass you will need a bigger NK dia. than what a saami reamer is.
I dealt with McDowen once never again worse customer service ive ever experienced and there in the same town I live. Constantly looking for workers that tells you something, and its not since this covid crap.

Hart or Pac nor is were I would look probably the shortest wait since they make there own barrels. I recently ordered 2 - 20 cal barrels from pac nor and was quoted 3 months.
Just be aware if you wanna shoot Lapua 22-250 brass you will need a bigger NK dia. than what a saami reamer is.
I dealt with McDowen once never again worse customer service ive ever experienced and there in the same town I live. Constantly looking for workers that tells you something, and its not since this covid crap.
Thanks for the heads up . I had Shaw do one and was not happy with them that is why I am looking for a new company

If you are looking for a equivalent barrel too the original , you might check out ER Shaw , they have been around for many years and are really easy too deal with . Douglas Barrels is another one , but may not be in business due too a death in the family . If your looking the best made then look at Bartlein , Pacnor , Lija , Hart , the list goes on expect more of a wait time and a lot more expense. I don't think you will be disappointed with ERShaw they also make complete rifles .

Call Shilen and ask for J Hall. She runs the production side of the business.

Try Preferred Barrel, they can install. Ask to speak to Bryce.

I thought they just did prefits.

I thought they just did prefits.