Barrels makers

But if he doesn't mind Remage, cheaper way to rebarrel old rifle with good results.

As for ER Shaw, I fell into stupid clearance deal at Uncle Larry's and grabbed NIB package Savage 24" SS .270Win barrel that was 50% off cause missing small bottle of oil. Shoots great on a 54 yr old 110.

If he's looking for a cheaper way I would contact Ragged hole barrels he uses Wilson barrels.
Only question i have about Preferred is why the extra charge for lapping.
If you dont lap before the button is pulled and theres tooling marks there will be after.

If you are looking for a equivalent barrel too the original , you might check out ER Shaw , they have been around for many years and are really easy too deal with . Douglas Barrels is another one , but may not be in business due too a death in the family . If your looking the best made then look at Bartlein , Pacnor , Lija , Hart , the list goes on expect more of a wait time and a lot more expense. I don't think you will be disappointed with ERShaw they also make complete rifles .

I've had Hart re-barrel two of my rifles. They did an outstanding job on barrel installation and those barrels are the smoothest and easiest to clean out of all my rifles. For 60 grain bullets I'd go with a 1-10 twist, I did it with my Hart 223 Rem Match chamber and it is very accurate with 50 - 60 grain bullets. I also have a Douglas barrel chambered from Compass Lake for my AR and it is very nice with 60 - 77 grain bullets.

I thought they just did prefits.
I use LRI (Long Rifle Inc. For barrels, I'm a Columbia River Arms guy (used to be black hole weaponry), also really good specials from Lilja, and great customer service. BTW, ER Shaw, had very good luck with them, and they run regular specials.

Recent Posts