Barrels 2020

Pac-nor facilities were destroyed by fire sometime in the last couple of years.
I have been told they have rebuilt, and back in operation.
They are back up and running. They have my 308 now and are currently running a 4month leade time.

I agree. 100%. the more consistent and accurate your load. The more you can screw up just a hair and still get impacts.
I think people don't quite get with prs that the difference between winning and losing could be one or 2 impacts. If your load and rifle are at the top of their game that limits those variables and it boils down to how well the shooter can build his position. A shooter that knows how to build his position can get pretty darn stable even on the weirdest of barricades

Didn't mean to offend, I don't think anyone is arguing that a more accurate rifle wouldn't be an advantage in any shooting sport. If you think prs competitors tune to the level that competitive br shooters do then so be it. I think most people would feel a lot better showing up to a tactical match with a 1/4-1/2 moa gun than showing up at a short range or long range br match with one. This isn't the place to argue this so I'm not going to anymore. Merry Christmas all

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't mean to offend, I don't think anyone is arguing that a more accurate rifle wouldn't be an advantage in any shooting sport. If you think prs competitors tune to the level that competitive br shooters do then so be it. I think most people would feel a lot better showing up to a tactical match with a 1/4-1/2 moa gun than showing up at a short range or long range br match with one. This isn't the place to argue this so I'm not going to anymore. Merry Christmas all
I dont think anyone is offended. Just different opinions whether they be right or wrong. I didn't mean to make it sound that prs shooters tune their rifles to BR levels. I was just simply trying to say these guys still build very high quality rifles capable of serious precision even if the actual sport itself isn't. Merry Christmas brother

I expect there is a barrel quality "ceiling" that all the top manufacturers can reach. The real question is, which of those top manufacturers produce fewer duds as a percentage, and thus reduce the likelihood that you (probably me- I think Murphy was my real father) will get one. The answer is both unknown and unknowable because some customers may not know they have a bad barrel (depending on their skill level) so the makers will not know all the duds they produce, and they will not tell you that x% of their barrels are duds. OP, just choose any of the 5 most frequently mentioned in this forum and you will be happy.

Don't go exactly by the equipment list. I know some and the equipment is was not posted honestly.

Well, I know a lot of them and what they have posted is true. No one likes a liar. But in some cases the list is filled out ahead of time and they end up shooting a different rifle because it was shooting better at that time. If they do really well many times they will try to get the list updated.

Well, I know a lot of them and what they have posted is true. No one likes a liar. But in some cases the list is filled out ahead of time and they end up shooting a different rifle because it was shooting better at that time. If they do really well many times they will try to get the list
Well, I know a lot of them and what they have posted is true. No one likes a liar. But in some cases the list is filled out ahead of time and they end up shooting a different rifle because it was shooting better at that time. If they do really well many times they will try to get the list updated.
I agree but there is some guys in the competition world that like to keep there combo secret

True, you do not have to fill out a list if you dont want too. Some leave it blank. But I have never seen a rifle I am familiar with listed wrong. The equipment lists are a very good source of info even if theres potential a couple guys are lying.

The other nice thing with the BR equipment lists is theres no sponsors involved. In other shooting sports especially PRS the sponsor money is huge and the lists are almost paid advertising. I have always said there should be an asterisk next to the name of sponsored shooters on equipment lists. Not only are some getting free gear, they also get paid travel expenses, and even salaries. Many top PRS shooters switch from one brand to another for the $$$, thats a FACT.

Last edited:
I agree with @Alex Wheeler . Some guys will always shoot the best no matter what but PRS has become big money and it costs big money to compete so guys will move towards the sponsors that will pay them. BR guys will shoot whatever gives them an edge period, go to an egg shoot and see what guys are shooting when all that's on the line is bragging rights and you will see what works. Both these latter places will probably afford you a wealth of knowledge if your just willing to ask. Haven't met a guy yet at an egg shoot or a BR match that wouldn't help out or talk to me, PRS well....... I'll leave it at that.

I agree with @Alex Wheeler . Some guys will always shoot the best no matter what but PRS has become big money and it costs big money to compete so guys will move towards the sponsors that will pay them. BR guys will shoot whatever gives them an edge period, go to an egg shoot and see what guys are shooting when all that's on the line is bragging rights and you will see what works. Both these latter places will probably afford you a wealth of knowledge if your just willing to ask. Haven't met a guy yet at an egg shoot or a BR match that wouldn't help out or talk to me, PRS well....... I'll leave it at that.
I havent been to a prs match yet that the people shooting it weren't helpful. Most any guy there will talk to you or lend you bags or what not if you need. One guy lent me his pump pillow for a whole match because I didn't have one. Id say this is probably true for most shooting sports.

I havent been to a prs match yet that the people shooting it weren't helpful. Most any guy there will talk to you or lend you bags or what not if you need. One guy lent me his pump pillow for a whole match because I didn't have one. Id say this is probably true for most shooting sports.
I should have been more clear. I have ran into some helpful folks at PRS comps but also some guys that were..... you fill in the rest. Haven't had anyone acting like they were holy than thou at the other places I said. Their are definitely quality guys in PRS but a few that have bought into the money and don't want to help further the sport or help out others. Not trying to start a fight just stating facts, maybe they saw me as competition that could be encroaching on their lively hood.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.