Springfield 2020 carbon waypoint or Fierce Carbon Rival

Txcowboy50

I want a light weight hunting rifle that would be good for elk at 500 yards but could also be used for deer and antelope. I am considering a 6.5 PRC in the new Springfield arms 2020 carbon waypoint and the Fierce Carbon Rival. Both can be purchased for +/-$2300 I am also considering the Cooper 92 backcountry. I am 71 and my 300Wby accumark is fantastic shooting rifle but heavy for the hunt. Is anyone had experiences with these rifles?

I don't know about the Fierce but I picked up one of the 2020 Waypoints and looked over after hearing some good things. Now I am really wanting one. I loved the weight, quality seems very good and the stock is awesome! The action was very smooth and balance was great. This was the carbon fiber barrel like you mentioned.

I have the waypoint in 6.5prc, I don't call this rifle a light weight one. I think with scope it's 8.5#s. I have the Cooper model 92
in 6.5x284 and that one is 6# with scope. Both are shooters. I also have the Kimber Mtn Ascent in 280ai which is lighter than the Cooper. You must be a good shooter to shoot a lighter rifle. Great to carry though! Best picking one for you.