Barrel tuner results

Man you are good in that you can rely on 2 shots as sufficient samples! I, perhaps foolishly, keep questioning and trying to perfect loads if I can't consistently put 5 in the same ragged hole. But if you keep returning to range and shoot 3 touching as the first 3, that's even better.

Interesting to see this tuner thing evolve. Of course Browning has had the BOSS system for over a decade but I rarely see them in people's hands. I haven't even seen them on recent models. I always wondered how well they work. Great concept if they work. I almost tried one of those rubber grommet type tuners about 10 years ago.
Careful now. 5 shot groups aren't a whole lot better statistically then 2 shot groups. Don't be too quick to judge.

There seems no logical point where the statistic-minded are satisfied..
But we know our guns well enough to consider our readiness -for our individual needs.
If a gun sees daylight for the 1st time in 2yrs, and punches a bullseye with a single shot, I'm ready to go hunting.
NOT going to lose sleep about where the next shot might go.

Man you are good in that you can rely on 2 shots as sufficient samples! I, perhaps foolishly, keep questioning and trying to perfect loads if I can't consistently put 5 in the same ragged hole. But if you keep returning to range and shoot 3 touching as the first 3, that's even better.

Interesting to see this tuner thing evolve. Of course Browning has had the BOSS system for over a decade but I rarely see them in people's hands. I haven't even seen them on recent models. I always wondered how well they work. Great concept if they work. I almost tried one of those rubber grommet type tuners about 10 years ago.

Bob of Bob's Accuracy shop told me, "If it doesn't put two close together, it will not put three close together." No need to fire the third shot. I dialed in a guaranteed 2MOA rifle into shooting 1" at 300 yards. They work!

The way I understand it is the barrel tuner changes the oscillations of the barrel. If the barrel tip is oscillating back and forth, you want the bullet to exit at the extreme point of oscillation when the barrel tip stops moving and changes direction. This is because the barrel tip spends more time in this position, thus minimizing POI changes for any variances.

I can also affect vibrations going back & forth through the system, at the speed of sound in steel, -to bring you into & out of a bad noisy spot.

$5 tuner, just a little harder to adjust. Stainless for 10
1697744278730.png

600 yards, self timing muzzle brake turned in all the way in

7-27 600yd.JPG

out 1/2 turn

8-1 600 (Medium).JPG

two months later, first time at 1,000 yards
gave it 2 clicks after the first one hit at 3:30

IMG_0230 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Recent Posts