Results of barrel ring

Poe

So I picked up a used Rem 700 sps varmint in 22-250. It was supposed to have a ring inside the barrel 16" from the muzzle but I got it cheap enough I figured I would take a chance. It seems to be shooting pretty good at 100 yards. I have a couple loads that seem to be grouping about .6" at 100. The part that I'm confused about is it's grouping fairly good at 100 yards but when I got out to 300 yards I have been having issues. I need to try shooting some paper to make sure but Inhave missed multiple coyotes and a porcupine at around 300 yards that normally wouldn't be a problem. Could the barrel ring be my problem or more of an issue with my loads. I'm shooting Varget at Speer 52gr he's I haven't shot them through the chronograph yet either.

The problem with a barrel ring is the fact that the rifling disengages the bullet then re-engages with the bullet out of time with the rifling. This causes poor accuracy the further out you shoot.
I had a Ruger Mini-14 that did the same with a ringed barrel, at 100 it shot decent enough, but even at 200 it was lacking and would regularly miss rabbits. At 300 it was a crap shoot and I didn't even bother trying after about 3 attempts.
I had it re-barreled and it shot very well prior to being made illegal.

Cheers.

The problem with a barrel ring is the fact that the rifling disengages the bullet then re-engages with the bullet out of time with the rifling. This causes poor accuracy the further out you shoot.
I had a Ruger Mini-14 that did the same with a ringed barrel, at 100 it shot decent enough, but even at 200 it was lacking and would regularly miss rabbits. At 300 it was a crap shoot and I didn't even bother trying after about 3 attempts.
I had it re-barreled and it shot very well prior to being made illegal.

Cheers.
Makes sense. Thanks for the reply