Barrel on new build only hand tight.

Good to hear the smith is doing what should be done. Everybody screws up, it's what you do to fix it that matters.

Reason number 783 for building your own Savage. At least if ya blow yourself up its your fault and ya know how to fix it.

Sorry to hear about that, Hope he gets it all fixed up for you.

Something similar happened to me with my SAUM when I first finished it. I had great load everything going good, then groups started opening up and couldn't figure out why. Then when I went to take my scope off to thread my barrel for a brake I notice that the back scope base was completely loose??? Just goes to show we need to double and triple check things often.

Up date the gunsmith fixed the issue and was very professional about it and did every thing to make it right. It is shooting as good or better than ever .It is real nice to deal with a professional individual that will realize that there
was a problem and fix it on his dime.

Good news.

We had this happen twice with two different smiths. Our story was not as good as yours and we no longer use those smiths.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.