Tight bore barrel

BEEMAN

i bought a 338 rock creek blank from a guy years ago. My plan was to rebarrel my 300 RUM once it was shot out. Well it's now time to make it into a 338 Edge. Problem is my Smith can't find a pilot small enough to fit the bore. This blank isn't "stamped" very well. It's more like scratched/carved into the rear of the blank. Under a magnifying glass it looks like it's marked .329 and .362. Did I get taken on buying this barrel? Smith has tried 6 pilots and his 338 range rod went in maybe halfway. He says he tried my reamer with the pilot it came with in another barrel he has and his range rod fit fine??? Any help is appreciated. Tried calling Rock Creek but no one answers the phone.

I'm betting the .329 is the bore dia. I'm not sure but Rock only made .236 bores on there 6mm instead of .237. They could be making .237 now and .236
Kreiger offers. 299 and .300 on there 30 cals and .236 and .237 on there 6mm.
Most .338 are .330-.338.
I wouldn't worry about the .329 bore.

I was worried it may pressure up early. But maybe it will work. Having a hard time finding a pilot that will work.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.