Barrel Contour for 7mm Rem Mag?

25" #4 Would be my choice. I think #4 is a great compromise between weight, balance, and stability. They aren't feather weight but I think 11 lbs is worth the pack for the returns. -------SS

It's all in personal preference, but I wouldn't go any shorter than 26", and wouldn't go any smaller in diameter than a Magnum Sporter contour (not sure what the number would be, as each mfg uses a different numbering system). Personally, I like heavy barrels, and prefer the Remington Sendero/Varmint contour.

I have Howa 7mm mag that I rebarreled with a Pac-nor 26" #5 contour. It has enough weight to help with accuracy. Shoots just over 1/2 MOA.

I have a #6 Krieger contour that is not fluted. Think it is called a heavy bull sporter contour. It is 26" long and .75" diameter at the muzzle. My 7 mag is heavy, but the weight absorbs some recoil and it shoots very well, so I don't mind carrying it.

Thank you MudRunner2005, clamb4 and LaHunter.Your input was much appreciated.

clamb4 I was thinking that exact option.
What grove and twist rate?
What bullet are you sending through it?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.