Barrel Contour for 7mm Rem Mag?

25" #4 Would be my choice. I think #4 is a great compromise between weight, balance, and stability. They aren't feather weight but I think 11 lbs is worth the pack for the returns. -------SS

It's all in personal preference, but I wouldn't go any shorter than 26", and wouldn't go any smaller in diameter than a Magnum Sporter contour (not sure what the number would be, as each mfg uses a different numbering system). Personally, I like heavy barrels, and prefer the Remington Sendero/Varmint contour.

I have Howa 7mm mag that I rebarreled with a Pac-nor 26" #5 contour. It has enough weight to help with accuracy. Shoots just over 1/2 MOA.

I have a #6 Krieger contour that is not fluted. Think it is called a heavy bull sporter contour. It is 26" long and .75" diameter at the muzzle. My 7 mag is heavy, but the weight absorbs some recoil and it shoots very well, so I don't mind carrying it.

Thank you MudRunner2005, clamb4 and LaHunter.Your input was much appreciated.

clamb4 I was thinking that exact option.
What grove and twist rate?
What bullet are you sending through it?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.