Barrel break - in ??? What do you do ???

I used to do a lot of wierd rituals.

Now I shoot about 20 while fire forming, clean it, do the same with another 20-30 while doing initial load development. Clean it good.

Then I just shoot it. I clean about every 80. I'm typically just looking for 1/2 moa. Bench guys need to do a lot better than that, and I'm sure some of those rituals matter.

Lot of people out there doing different things. Some don't do any of it, and I've personally watched a couple of those rifles shoot sub 1/2 moa.

Do a dance if you want doesn't really hurt, but from what I've seen, it's not going to matter much.

As I posted a couple of days ago, I have a new Savage 110 High Country in 6.5 Creedmoor .. For those who may not be familiar with this rifle, it has a spiraled fluted heavy barrel with a 1:10 RH twist .. I plan on sighting in this rifle Sunday or Monday with Federal Match 140 ELD. (I plan to use the Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X for any whitetail hunting.)

My question is how would YOU break this barrel in ???
You can always get really close to knowing the twist rate with a cleaning rod and a tight patch.
But I'm with, FEENIX. It's gotta be a 1-8

I wouldn't walk from here to across the street for a gun broken in by a silly break in procedure over one without. I clean them when I get home. "Cleaning your barrel is not a benign process"-John Krieger:". 50 years ago or so when I started shooting there were no man bun cleaning procedures. I cleaned my new rifles when I got home after shooting -still clover leafed targets for decades after that and never hurt a thing. I call BS on the procedures as well

Yes break it in ! Barrel makers will love you ! We no longer "break in" cars but still do barrels. HMMMM ?

The effort I put in with my Howa 223 is well worth the time saved on cleaning it now. Even if it does not ensure better precision from the rifle, the ease of cleaning makes up for it.

I used to do a lot of wierd rituals.

Now I shoot about 20 while fire forming, clean it, do the same with another 20-30 while doing initial load development. Clean it good.

Then I just shoot it. I clean about every 80. I'm typically just looking for 1/2 moa. Bench guys need to do a lot better than that, and I'm sure some of those rituals matter.

Lot of people out there doing different things. Some don't do any of it, and I've personally watched a couple of those rifles shoot sub 1/2 moa.

Do a dance if you want doesn't really hurt, but from what I've seen, it's not going to matter much.
Thank you !

You can always get really close to knowing the twist rate with a cleaning rod and a tight patch.
But I'm with, FEENIX. It's gotta be a 1-8
You are correct . As I stated earlier , I was inadvertently looking at the 308 Savage 110 High Country instead of the 6.5 Creedmoor . The 6.5 Creedmoor does indeed have a 1:8 twist barrel..

I wouldn't walk from here to across the street for a gun broken in by a silly break in procedure over one without. I clean them when I get home. "Cleaning your barrel is not a benign process"-John Krieger:". 50 years ago or so when I started shooting there were no man bun cleaning procedures. I cleaned my new rifles when I got home after shooting -still clover leafed targets for decades after that and never hurt a thing. I call BS on the procedures as well
hahahaha " man bun " cleaning procedures ...... hahaha

The effort I put in with my Howa 223 is well worth the time saved on cleaning it now. Even if it does not ensure better precision from the rifle, the ease of cleaning makes up for it.
Think I agree... employing some type of procedure cant hurt... if it only makes it easier to keep clean with a noticeable reduction in fowling, doesn't matter if it improves accuracy ...