What do you guys do ?

WYO300RUM

What do you guys do when you have 3 rifles of the same caliber. Do you have a die set for each ? I have a Tikka T3 , a TC Compass and a TC 28 in. Encore hunter barrel all in .... yes, 6.5 Creed. I have set of Hornady custom dies set for Tikka. I use for TC barrel also because the brand new Lyman dies I got scratch the cases full length ! I don't much care about the TC Compass. I won it. It shoots good but stock way to short for me. I was going to polish the Lyman dies with 600 grit wet and dry and fine steel wool. Hassle to send back for me. What would you do ?

I know that's the the answer for the defective dies but do you use a different set of dies for each rifle you have in same caliber. Seems you would but depends on what you want to do with the rifle?

Depends how much you shoot them and how much brass you have for each. I have multiples in a couple calibers. Some that I shoot a lot I have seperate sets of dies. Those that I don't shoot a lot, reloading for a buddy or can prep a decent amount of brass all at once I just have different neck bushings and adjust shoulder bump appropriately.

Depends how much you shoot them and how much brass you have for each. I have multiples in a couple calibers. Some that I shoot a lot I have seperate sets of dies. Those that I don't shoot a lot, reloading for a buddy or can prep a decent amount of brass all at once I just have different neck bushings and adjust shoulder bump appropriately.
Thank you.

for factory rifle chambers no I have 3-300 win mag one that I go to is my long range hunter the most and my inline die is made for that rifle and chamber my other rifles also that have custom chambers also get in lines made for them the factory rifles I use wilson in line dies and all custom chambered also get bumb dies made for them also

What do you guys do when you have 3 rifles of the same caliber. Do you have a die set for each ? I have a Tikka T3 , a TC Compass and a TC 28 in. Encore hunter barrel all in .... yes, 6.5 Creed. I have set of Hornady custom dies set for Tikka. I use for TC barrel also because the brand new Lyman dies I got scratch the cases full length ! I don't much care about the TC Compass. I won it. It shoots good but stock way to short for me. I was going to polish the Lyman dies with 600 grit wet and dry and fine steel wool. Hassle to send back for me. What would you do ?

Call Lyman they will pay for the postage to return them.

I have six 6.5 Creedmoors, multiple 30-06s, 7mm RMs, 300 WMs, 223 Rems, 7mm-08s, 308 Wins, and more. Each rifle has its own sizing die and multiple seating dies for various bullets. After load development, I mark each one with the rifle's S/N and each seating die also gets the specific bullet information that it is setup for, recorded on it.

40 years ago I tried adjusting dies as needed for various rifles and bulles but, abandoned that, even for the few rifles in each chambering I had back then. I found that method much too inconsistent. Though a much more expensive method, dies specifically adjusted for each rifle and the bullet used in it, produces the very best results, in my experience. YMMV

I have two 6.5x47's. The first had a Kreiger Med Palma/Surgeon action that was headspaced to new Lapua brass, and fired brass sized with A Redding competition S FL dye set to the new Lapua dimension. My subsequent rifle is a Savage/Criterion/nut barrel that I headspaced myself to match the Kreiger/Surgeon's headspace. I use the same dye/setting with both rifles with excellent results. Additionally, the H4350 powder charge and seater is the same as well using Berger 130 Hybrids. Both rifles are within 10FPS of 2900FPS with sub .5MOA precision to 1000 yards. I'm currently preparing to add a third using a Bighorn/Criterion MTU to try for a third.