Barrel blewup

I couldn't care less about cursing in general. But to inscribe it on something IMHO just screams "I'm an insecure ignoramus". Anybody that has to tell you they're a BAMF, is more weak and pathetic than they are any sort of BAMF
My thoughts exactly. If you actually are special you don't have to say it. People will know from your actions.

My primary rifle builder/barrel maker was at that shoot (he finished 12th at the world championship in RSA earlier this year); he said the bbl was a Brux but as we all know, barrel makers are not smelters/forgers, etc. When I get back to PHX this weekend I will ask him what else he knows; we only texted.

Didn't really care about the inscription, just figured it probably got hauled around with a Carolina square truck and fit the overall packaged of class and gravitas....

Dunno if being unimpressed by the engraving is exactly the root of all the problems in America today.... but hey if that is how you make sense of it, more power to ya.

Obstruction or load error makes a lot more sense than a straight taper packing it in at 1k rounds randomly. I think that's a western branch metals supplied blank brand, if so they likely have the capacity figure it out.

Interesting, guys are concerned about some words engraved on the barrel more than why the barrel blew up.

No wonder this Country is weak and pathetic lately... when hunters/shooters are butthurt about "bad" words on a rifle barrel.
I once felt similarly. At that time, nothing could have convinced me otherwise.

I was wrong.

I can say unequivocally that back when I used "bad words," there were many things about how I lived that denied me God's protection and made it nearly assured that unpleasant things would make themselves appear in my life. The language I used was just an easy early warning sign for anyone that was living a good and right life to stay out of mine. Most of them did, very likely to their benefit and my detriment.

We are given very clear instruction on the language we are not suppose to use, whether written or spoken or simply our internal dialogue. Anyone who engages in behaviors or speech that are less than the highest good we can envision, is in violation. Everyone knows that. Yet it's the proclivity of the modern world to ignore that which normalizes the continual slide to moral decay.

Some things just make sense to those with a little bit of discernment. Nothing in my life back then would have come as a real surprise to good kind folks. No different than a wrecked sports car in the ditch that has tons of aftermarket parts on it, or a guy getting into a fight at a bar. So to see such an event in the original post, with the inscription as it reads, just doesn't come as much of a surprise. Especially considering I've been condemning how fast modern shooters run cartridges for the last 15 years or more. People seem to magically get 100-150fps more velocity than I do with the same components. Then those same folks are super shocked when something unpleasant happens, where as I am not surprised in the slightest.

Would it still have happened if the words were not on the barrel? Perhaps... but it probably would have been less likely. The choices we make have consequences. The words we use matter greatly regarding how our life goes. I find a distinct causal link between the language people use and the difficulty they face in life.

Our weakness as a nation doesn't come from those that dislike bad language.

Our weakness as a nation comes from our refusal to abide by the bedrock principles laid out in the instruction manual for life. Those that continue to advocate for moral compromise in every aspect of life. That's why we are weak.

Strong and wise men, don't use bad language. If there were ever more than just a few strong wise men around... more people would learn this from an early age, myself included, and we would cultivate a strong nation again. ...because it sure wasn't those that were cussing all the time that made us strong before.

I agree with and understand most of what you're saying but at the same time some others are trying to get the point across that bad words are just words, like a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

What they are referring to is if you are going to get upset or hurt over bad words it's counterproductive, it's like all this politically correctness it's not helping.

Political correctness in a free society is not correct.

I agree with and understand most of what you're saying but at the same time some others are trying to get the point across that bad words are just words, like a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

What they are referring to is if you are going to get upset or hurt over bad words it's counterproductive, it's like all this politically correctness it's not helping.

Political correctness in a free society is not correct.

Lets not get things mixed up.

It's the people using the bad language that are upset and hurt.

The people hearing the bad language aren't hurt by it, they are sad for the person using the language.

Words have tremendous power. Saying "words are just words" is like saying "a nuclear bomb is just a nuclear bomb." Words will be used by literally everyone to judge you. People will judge you more harshly by how they perceive what you SAY than even what you DO. Such is the nature of this ignorant sinful generation.

Just as it is the nature of the indignant users of profanity to even consider for a moment, that they may be wrong. We know their nature, by their language.

You may be dismissive of language if you like, but no one else will pay the consequences but you and those you care most about. It's a very big deal, despite how successful the modern world has been in convincing us it is not.

I pray that this man with the blown up barrel, can learn to mend his ways. All of them that need mending.

Steel can be faulty. Put a new ball joint in a 1/2 ton Chevy. I did it. It was done right.
Torqued correctly etc. About 6 months later the tapered bolt part snapped in half.
Just so thankful the boys and I were driving 20mph when it happened and it was on partial snow.
The wheel wedged up against the cab. Tackett said hey dad it you get the tire over on the edge of the road it will slide on the snow. So I drove it about half mile to a local mom and pop repair shop.

Hate to think what it may have looked like it if I was running 80 in traffic on an interstate when it broke.
I had a 10,000lb jack stand snap like a twig under the front axle of a semi & the other side was blocked. Your Correct ✅

Words have tremendous power. Saying "words are just words" is like saying "a nuclear bomb is just a nuclear bomb." Words will be used by literally everyone to judge you. People will judge you more harshly by how they perceive what you SAY than even what you DO. Such is the nature of this ignorant sinful generation.
This is what I'm talking about words have as much power as you give them. People that judge you for what say more than what you do are showing more about themselves and their ignorance. Projecting what they feel over thinking.
You may be dismissive of language if you like, but no one else will pay the consequences but you and those you care most about. It's a very big deal, despite how successful the modern world has been in convincing us it is not.

I'm not totally dismissive of language but I will listen to what someone has to say and try not to judge and think about what they are trying to get across.

I agree that a lot of them using bad language are upset and hurt. And the way they come across automatically turns people off or defensive and this is what I was referring to as people getting hurt over bad language, allowing their feelings to overtake instead of thinking.

I wish I could say it better but I've always had a hard time expressing my thoughts, it seems I'm not on the same wavelength as everyone else.

Nice talking to you.