Barrel cleaning

hammer111

I heard a lot people recommending Wipeout. I found 3 types which one do I need. Thanks.

BH_SSR WOA510.jpg
s-l400 (1).jpg
$_1.jpeg

First picture is foaming bore cleaner. It will fill your bore and work 360 degrees equally well. I use it on heavily fouled barrels that usually have multiple layers of copper and powder fouling. I will usually use a chamber guide pressed firmly into chamber to keep the foam out of the rest of my action. Regular cleaning usually doesn't require it but if you don't like to clean barrels and they get heavily fouled it works great.

Second picture is an accelerator, put it on a patch then use wipe out or patch out. I have it, don't know how well it works vs not using it to be honest, but I do use it. Supposedly it preps the fouling for their other products.

I'm not familiar with rush out. Can't help there. I usually use bore tech eliminator, unless a shooting buddy brings me a heavily fouled rifle, which I will use patch out once and see where I stand. Patch out is the same thing as Wipeout, just not a foaming product. Couple passes with a nylon brush after using the accelerator then patch out will make it a bit frothy, and a bottle lasts a lot longer than a can of Wipeout.

Hopefully that helps some.

SHM

These are the two I use. Wipeout is best left in the barrel for 3+ hours. The accelerator is an additive that shortens the time for the product to work. Great products.Screenshot_20200126-050853_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20200126-050717_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I currently use bore tech carbon and copper remover. Seems like it takes a long time to clean my barrel. Been shooting multiple guns the last 5 weekends and cleaning after , it's so time consuming. Looking for something a little faster maybe.

I currently use bore tech carbon and copper remover. Seems like it takes a long time to clean my barrel. Been shooting multiple guns the last 5 weekends and cleaning after , it's so time consuming. Looking for something a little faster maybe.

Always a trade off. Faster comes at the expense of possible damage. Products like sweets copper solvent can damage a barrel. They recommend no more than fifteen minutes. I think CR10 is the same way
If you add the accelerator, I believe Wipeout works in fifteen minutes and has no risk of damage.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.