Barrel blewup

Seen two different rifles on the bench with ammo for both ,very easily mixed up like CST said a friend shot 308 wcf ammo in his md200 Saur 270 wcf. Gunsmith said it was a proof like load and rifle was ex-rayed and fine , I beat the bolt open with my rear leather sand bag , two hunters on next bench thought we were crazy and promptly left . The brass was chrome plated and it blew the case out like a 350 Winchester ,primer was vaporized,I keep the brass . Careful out there ,Cheers .

Once I had a turned neck case have the neck come off upon firing the round. The thin neck was lodged in the throat and was discovered when I could not chamber the next round. A brush started at the muzzle end and pulled the piece of brass out of the throat area. When turning the necks, variations in brass caused a thicker cut to be taken into the shoulder, thus weakening the brass when it was formed to Ackley improved.

In my case, I often wondered what would have happened if the piece of brass had been blown further down the barrel, perhaps OP's experience is what would have happened. I was shooting p. dogs, stuffing rounds in the magazine, firing as fast as I could acquire targets.

My gut feeling is that there was an obstruction of some kind in the barrel. Would have been real nice to have seen more pictures,.

Glad no body was hurt. Only an arrogant *** would put something like that on a barrel. No doubt loaded to the max to support the barrel engraving. First though is a barrel obstruction but lets wait for the facts, should they ever come. I wonder if he still thinks it funny

Do those F Class guys run a cleaning rod from the muzzle end? Most of them seem kind of OCD and usually only run patches one way from the breech.
No, The way it happens is they stick a case cause they run em pretty hot and then they've gotta tap it out with a rod and then accidentally leave it in there.

I saw a fat bullet from Hornandy ammo 17hmr CZ rifle split the stock and blow the clip out the bottom. We had to knock the bullet out of the barrel it put a bulge in the barrel. No obstruction either was shooting out of the truck window at sage rats. If nothing else is found I would be looking there.