Barrel blank help

Looking for a good blank for my hunting rifle.....30 cal; SS; #3

My choices:
Shilen Chromo - $210 at my door in a week
Shilen Match - $250 at my door in a week
Shilen Select Match - $340 May/end
Brux - $325 in June 15

hmmm....what say the experts? How do I balance time, price and potential benefits of SS?

and, yes, this thread has a bit of sarcasm in this freak out covid19 environment!
Look into Douglas barrels, good value!

Bartlein has some in stock on their website also. I ordered 2 earlier this year and they were here in less than a week. They generally have 6mm, 6.5mm and 7.62 around. Really a nice barrel but any of the above will work well.

I completely agree. They quoted me 3 months. I still need to work on the trigger, order more parts, possibly wait on a McMillan stock or customized B&C....As you can see, the 3 months means less than the extra $50 of the Bartlein or my uncertainty (plus more money) for the Mullerworks.

Basically, I reevaluated the wait time. I probably just should have bought the Shilen, but the whole match vs select match things makes me "freeze up" making a decision.
Unless you get very lucky you will certainly have a wait for a McMillan stock.

Ordered a Brux once and had it in 9 days. I have ordered several from them and they all came in a timely fashion.

I've ordered several from Bartlein also. It always takes months but it's worth the wait IMO.

Order a Bartlein haha. I have two of them. They have never copper fouled and they are extremely accurate.
View attachment 182070View attachment 182071View attachment 182072View attachment 182073 View attachment 182074
I too am a huge bartlein fan. I own 2. I shoot hornady match factory ammo. Attached 5 shot group 6mm creedmoor at 100yds. 20200229_104641.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.