Barrel blank help

Been waiting since before Christmas for a no. 2 contour Krieger for a 6.5 creedmoor build. Got a heavy contour Krieger for a bench rest rifle in a week. Depending 9n contour could be a wait with Krieger

Looking for a good blank for my hunting rifle.....30 cal; SS; #3

My choices:
Shilen Chromo - $210 at my door in a week
Shilen Match - $250 at my door in a week
Shilen Select Match - $340 May/end
Brux - $325 in June 15

hmmm....what say the experts? How do I balance time, price and potential benefits of SS?

and, yes, this thread has a bit of sarcasm in this freak out covid19 environment!
you're going to live with this barrel a long time. Wait for the Brux. It is cut-rifled, while the Shilen is not. It is, without a doubt, the preferred barrel of the two for match rifles.

One thing to look at is the barrels used by competitive shooters. Some of the names mentioned not only don't win, they are not even showing up in the list.

I hate waiting,so searched pretty much everywhere for a 6.5, 7 1/2 twist for a 264 win mag build..Founds lots of 8 twists in the right contour,but the 7 1/2's were all in heavy barrels..

Red Hawk had one that was "just right"..Bartlien #3 , 7 1/2 twist and in the mail same day I ordered it...Should be here tomorrow.. :)

I hate waiting on the smith,I refuse to wait for a barrel...LOL

One thing to look at is the barrels used by competitive shooters. Some of the names mentioned not only don't win, they are not even showing up in the list.

Brux Website said:
Recent competitions have seen Brux custom cut-rifled barrels in action, with a recent OFFICIAL WORLD RECORD and 1st and 2nd in this year's PRS Finals!

I think I'll be ok.

I hate waiting,so searched pretty much everywhere for a 6.5, 7 1/2 twist for a 264 win mag build..Founds lots of 8 twists in the right contour,but the 7 1/2's were all in heavy barrels..

Red Hawk had one that was "just right"..Bartlien #3 , 7 1/2 twist and in the mail same day I ordered it...Should be here tomorrow.. :)

I hate waiting on the smith,I refuse to wait for a barrel...LOL

Bartlien is one that shows up on top
I think I'll be ok.

I was actually going to comment that you picked one that shows up on the list!

My choices:
Brux - $325 in June 15

hmmm....what say the experts? How do I balance time, price and potential benefits of SS?

and, yes, this thread has a bit of sarcasm in this freak out covid19 environment!
Have Proof SS 30 cal 1-10 twist medium sporter blank. NIB borescoped, looks purdy! Priced right!

My choices:
Brux - $325 in June 15

I vote for benchmark, no matter cost

My choices:
Brux - $325 in June 15

I have a Bergara 30 cal. 416 Stainless Steel, 1.20 X 23, 1:8 Twist.
Ace

My choices:
Brux - $325 in June 15

Krieger cryogenic all the way.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.