Barnes XLC bullets !!

Frank in the Laurels

I bought a bunch of these bullets about a dozen years ago, most people couldn't get them to shoot worth a darn but for some reason they shot outstanding groups out of my son's 7mm mag and he has harvested a ton of deer with them. Problem is they quit making them a long time ago and his stash is getting low, I'm looking for .284, 7mm 140 grainers..got some laying around you want to get rid of ?? See any at some local gun shop anywhere in the USA ?? Anyone else use these bullets ? Like to hear your experiences both good and bad! Thanks !

I used to shoot the factory Federal Premium ammo for my 7mm RemMag that was loaded with the 160 Barnes XLC-coated X-Bullets. They shot outstanding in my A-Bolt II. Also did a great job on deer.

They stopped production sometime in the early 2000's (I believe 2004). I started shooting them around the time they stopped production of them. I still have a stash of the factory loaded ammo in 160 grain, but I am not willing to part with it. I bought 5 boxes of it when I heard they had stopped making it. Only got 3 left, and since then I started handloading, and I have completely stopped shooting any of it. These days I only shoot Bergers.

C9C1A27C-9B57-4BA0-9D65-A3BE4CC0D180_zpspixgif0t.jpg

D034F76C-B69B-4071-9224-9CC7A89BB2E3_zpsgegwoelv.jpg

Frank,

I did the same as you, bought a bunch and they shot well in my 7mm rem mag. I don't have the rifle anymore but I'm pretty sure I still have maybe half a box of bullets left. I'll check later today or tomorrow...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.