Barnes varmint grenades

sparkie01

fellas,
Picked up some varmint grenades in 36Grn the other day and well i do not exspect to shoot better then a 50 second group, but i am am going for raw carnage on prairie dogs. Has anyone loaded these with the 22-250 or the 223. Please either shoot me a pm or post it on up thanks Gents,

I bought a box from Cabela's a while back and finally got to try them. Tried them in my Browning A-Bolt in 22 K-Hornet, CZ 527 Hornet converted to the 22 Spitfire and a Rem 700 converted to 221 Fireball. The accracy was horrible in all rifles. The K-Hornet was the worst. Had 20 rds loaded for each rifle. Groups went from 3 inches up to not even being on the target and some that on the target were key-holed. I really feel that I had a box of bad bullets, but at $20 a box I won't be trying anymore.

Try them out, but I think the V-Max bullets are hard to beat for accuracy and explosive power.

W.

36 gr Varmit grenades and the 223

I have a Rem LVSF in 223 that usually shoots 3/4 moa, with an occasional 1/2 moa, I tried them out in Lapua brass and H322, 1/2 moa at 100 yds all day long on a calm day - shot the same load two weeks later in a switching 5-10 mph wind and i was shooting 3/4 to 1 moa out to 200 yds - showed me how much i dont know about judging wind pretty quickly, as the groups would open from wind. Havent used them on live targets yet, expecting red mist... I will see what i can find out this coming weekend.

EZ

Barnes

Buddy of mine picked some up and loaded them in his custom BAT action Shilen ratchet rifle 1.350" straight taper barrel. I could not believe that they chronied at 4450fps and grouped at about 1/2" at 200yds. He's gonna take them hunting for sure this year. I think he used varget but I'll fine out and post it up.

Lance

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.